- Kerry Group
- Runcorn, CHW, GB, WA7 1PJ
- Not disclosed
- 28 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
The aim to shape the future of food might seem ambitious to some, but to us in Kerry Taste and Nutrition, it's all in a day’s work.
Kerry is dedicated to helping create better-tasting, more authentic and nutritious food and beverages. We produce safe, quality products that help feed millions every day.
Wherever you are, we can work together to create inspiring solutions that nourish life.
About the role
Due to an internal move we are recruiting for a Plant Accountant for our site in Runcorn. You will work collaboratively with the Site Manager and support the wider business through business partnering. Primarily you will provide financial reporting for the plant ensuring costs are optimised and managed but you will also have a great opportunity to add value and be involved in various projects alongside working on continuous improvement and sharing best practice across the UK sites. This is a hands-on role within a fast paced environment so agility and adaptability is key.
What will I be doing ?
- Product/processing costing - ensuring that yields, labour and direct overhead standards reflect the true cost of manufacture
- Ensuring that actual costs are recovered within reported product costs and that variances are identified, investigated and actioned with the Plant team
- Provision of weekly detailed and top level KPI reports for the plant. Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Stock management and reporting including stock reconciliations and control of stock write-offs
- General ledger reviews
- Capital control - evaluate proposals, monitor spend and review with the plant team to ensure projects are delivered within the approved value
- Budget cost preparation
- Proposing and evaluating cost saving / profit enhancing, continuous improvement or system enhancement opportunities
What's in it for me ?
- At Kerry, we believe in giving talented, curious people the opportunity to make a difference.
- We work as a team, searching for the best ways to inspire food and nourish life.
- We’re a community of innovators, working across disciplines to solve global food challenges with a fresh approach. We want you to achieve whatever you put your mind to.
- In addition, we offer 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays), health care cover, matched pension scheme (2%-10%), benefits platform offering discounts and cashback on major retailers and access to employee assistance program.
What do I need to be successful ?
In Kerry we understand that people have very different career trajectories and experiences. In order to be successful in this role we would be looking for the right competencies and aptitudes as well as your proven track record of success in a Supply Chain role.
Our ideal candidate will have
- Primary degree in accounting or a related subject Or Qualified
- Experience within a manufacturing/operations accounting field
- Able to manage own work load, prioritise and meet deadlines
- English language (written & spoken) at a competent level is essential
- Experience of influencing a team is essential.
- Has good attention to detail.
In Kerry we benefit from the knowledge of our colleagues who bring a diverse range of cultures, backgrounds, lifestyles and experiences.
One team fostering an inclusive culture that, above all, inspires food and nourishes life.
One culture where everyone brings their unique perspectives and experiences to help make us better, together.
We are committed to nurturing an environment of positivity and inclusiveness, where everyone can be at their best, both personally and professionally.
Our recruitment, selection and assessment process are based on the skills and competencies of the specific roles and based entirely on merit. We are committed to and value Diversity and Inclusion in all recruitment processes within Kerry and do not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, political beliefs, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
Get in touch today- we look forward to meeting you!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.