Outsourcing Senior Business Adviser
- BDO UK
- Competitive salary
- 28 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Business analyst, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business dvisory firm, providing the advice and solutions entrepreneurial organisations need to navigate today’s changing world.
We work with the companies that are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high‑growth businesses that fuel the economy - and directly advise the owners and management teams that lead them.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll help you succeed
- We work on a large variety of clients largely within the SME space. In the role, you will:
- Prepare reliable monthly financial information to help business owners make decisions
- Deliver insights to help clients understand their business performance and allow them to focus on their business
- Prepare and review statutory accounts and disclosures within under UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks.
- Manage a portfolio of clients – liaising with clients and internal teams as needed.
- Assist with business advisory projects such as business reviews, workshops, forecasts and performance analysis
- Have awareness of consolidations and cash flow for year-end statutory accounts and to be able to prepare them if required.
- Have knowledge and ability to use various accounting software packages including Xero.
- Have knowledge of various accounting apps designed to simplify processes and deliver insight.
- Review the work of junior staff, and complete monthly reviews to ensure accurate financial information.
- Train and develop junior staff to help them progress
- Liaise with other departments and subject matter experts, such as VAT, tax and technical accounting teams
- Assist in research of complex technical area and offer solutions.
- Understand the logic of a cashflow statement enabling issues to be identified and solutions proposed.
- Prepare engagement letters for manager and partner review.
- Conduct rigorous project management and financial management on all projects, completing projects within agreed timescales and raising issues with the manager or client, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
You'll be someone:
- Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of FRS102
- Good understanding of business controls and month/year end controls
- Excellent working knowledge of outsourcing and bookkeeping on a monthly basis.
- Evidence of ability to research technical accounting matters.
- Working knowledge of risk management processes within an accounting firm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competent in the use of Caseware and other relevant accounts production software
You’ll be able to be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
We’re in it together
Mutual support and respect is one of BDO’s core values and we’re proud of our distinctive, people-centred culture. From informal success conversations to formal mentoring and coaching, we’ll support you at every stage in your career, whatever your personal and professional needs.
Our agile working framework helps us stay connected, bringing teams together where and when it counts so they can share ideas and help one another. At BDO, you’ll always have access to the people and resources you need to do your best work.
We know that collaboration is the key to creating value for the companies we work with and satisfying experiences for our colleagues, so we’ve invested in state-of-the-art collaboration spaces in our offices. BDO’s people represent a wealth of knowledge and expertise, and we’ll encourage you to build your network, work alongside others, and share your skills and experiences. With a range of multidisciplinary events and dedicated resources, you’ll never stop learning at BDO.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we help entrepreneurial businesses to succeed, fuelling the UK economy. Our success is powered by our people, which is why we’re always finding new ways to invest in you. Across the UK thousands of unique minds continue to come together to help companies we work with to achieve their ambitions
We’ve got a clear purpose, and we’re confident in our future, because we’re adapting and evolving to build on our strengths, ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. We shape the future together with openness and clarity, because we believe in empowering people to think creatively about how we can do things better.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.