Capital and Regulatory Reporting Change (Expression of Interest)
- CBD Area Sydney
- Not disclosed
- 28 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Now is the time to join LinkedIn’s #1 Employer in Australia
Given CommBanks commitment to building a simpler, better bank, we have a number of opportunities at the Senior Manager, Manager, and Senior Analyst level in our Capital and Regulatory Reporting Change team.
About the Business
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
The Capital and Regulatory Reporting Change teams are part of Group Finance. Group Finance provides financial support, insights and advice to the CEO, CFO, Executive Leadership Team and Board including the Group Results presentation and the Annual report.
These opportunities are currently not with any external recruitment agencies so ensure you apply direct.
About the team
The Capital and Regulatory Reporting Change teams are responsible for providing capital guidance and overseeing the delivery of all Capital and Regulatory Changes including revisions to the regulatory frameworks.
The revisions to the capital and regulatory reporting frameworks include changes to the calculation of the capital ratio, credit risk, operational risk and non-traded market risk, as well as delivery of new ‘data cube’ reporting to support regulatory reform and/or changes. Additionally, APRA has recently outlined a new strategic path for collection of information, which will determine the Group’s regulatory reporting strategy.
Your impact and contribution includes:
- Ongoing regulatory compliance with the new capital and reporting standards (APS 110, APS 111, APS 112, APS 113, APS 115) which have recently gone live, in addition to the upcoming implementation of the new Pillar 3 disclosures;
- Providing regulatory and implementation guidance for projects and transactions;
- Business Engagement, Readiness and technology coordination of Capital and Regulatory Reporting Changes;
- Assistance with addressing Regulator queries and information requests as well as engaging with Industry and APRA to provide feedback on any consultations about upcoming regulatory and or / reporting changes; and
- Leveraging the Group Strategic Platforms to deliver the new regulatory capital and other regulatory reporting requirements, including APRA’s 5 year data roadmap.
Do work that matters:
- Understanding regulatory requirements and business problems and developing pragmatic solutions with a focus on credit risk capital and regulatory reporting impacts;
- Working with business and technology partners to deliver accurate capital calculations, so as to prevent the need for conservative regulatory overlays or conservative modelling assumptions;
- Identifying relevant stakeholders from which to gather business requirements, including understanding any impacts on data elements which may be need to be sourced;
- Working alongside colleagues from Finance, Risk, and Technology, using data analysis techniques to identify and specify changes to processes and systems;
- Provide input on regulatory change consultations and quantitative impact study processes; and
- Working within a multi-team environment and providing support to the management and leadership of your team.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Relevant IT, Finance or Risk tertiary qualifications along with recognised industry certifications;
- Experience in a banking or a finance role;
- Expert analytical skills and experience with using SQL, SAS or equivalent data software;
- Sound knowledge of regulatory capital and/or reporting standards, credit risk modelling techniques and financial systems experience;
- Resilience, and a clear focus on results and delivery. An ability to quickly re-prioritise across multiple tasks is critical; and
- A curious mind-set - someone who strives for continuous improvement and is comfortable with embracing new technologies to resolve complex problems.
Our team is looking to connect with finance, risk, or technology professionals who are interested in being part of a high performing, customer-focused and passionate culture to build a simpler, better bank.
We welcome you to express your interest and learn more about Finance opportunities. We will be in contact with suitable candidates.
These opportunities are currently not with any external recruitment agencies so ensure you apply directly.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 27/04/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.