Investment Control/Treasury/Finance, Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Vice President to join our Alternative Investment Solutions team. This is your opportunity to join a global leader organization in financial services providing services to some of the world's most sophisticated institutions. An opportunity has become available for suitable candidate to join our Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) team in Singapore. As the successful candidate you will possess real estate industry experience and a strong investment transaction processing background in accounting and treasury. The primary client account for this role is a leading global fund manager with a growing pan-Asian real estate platform with USD 5 billion of assets in Asia. This role is also expected to support other clients.
What you will be responsible for
i) Client Engagement
- Manage client relationships and take ownership of client communication
- Ensure day-to-day communications with clients are appropriately managed and tracked
- Manage communications with investment professionals, other client personnel, investors, attorneys, auditors, bankers, property managers etc. and track deliverables and timeline
- Ensure thorough review and understanding of investment and fund legal documents
ii) Service Delivery
- Adhere to State Street Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) strict internal control procedures
- Responsible for delivering quality service to clients, ensuring weekly, monthly and quarterly client deliverables are met, or exceed clients’ expectation:
- Manage cash transactions between the fund and its subsidiaries; including scheduling, preparation and review of wire instructions, corporate & legal documentation and record keeping the transaction
- Manage liquidity of the fund’s subsidiaries coordinating expense payments and working capital needs
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual investment/portfolio management reports for clients
- Coordinate the bank account opening process
- Coordinate the internal Know Your Customer (KYC) onboarding process
- Manage communication with the clients and other investment professionals
- Handle various ad hoc requests
- Manage the billing process
- Demonstrate good management skills and the ability to work well with others, individually and within a group
- Assist with development and implementation of training all levels of staff
- Manage and improve communication within the team and other global locations
iv) Other Responsibilities
- Integrate new business/client onboarding
- Client profitability
- Coordinate and manage special client and corporate projects
- Internal local entity level reporting
- Monitor risk associated with the service provided and ensure it meets risk tolerance levels
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 10 years relevant experience in treasury or accounting with pan-Asian group investment structures covering multiple countries and currencies. Fund operations and client services experience would be viewed favorably
- Industry experience in real estate or infrastructure development or management is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be fluent in English
- Flexible, strong initiative and problem solving skills to handle a variety of different transactions and structures
- Strong organization and project management skills to be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working with various inhouse and client systems in an automated environment
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities
- Team player with a proactive and positive approach to work
- High integrity with attention to detail
About State Street
What we do.State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow.We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.