- Balfour Beatty
- Newcastle upon Tyne, North East, UK
- Not disclosed
- 28 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Property and construction
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our HR Shared Services Team, based in Newcastle.
This role is available full time, part time, flexible, hybrid whatever works best for you, because we want the best people for our roles.
We will provide a competitive salary plus a wide range of benefits including hybrid working, wellbeing hour each week, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a great range of learning and career opportunities, and a wide range of flexible & reward benefits, plus extra time off to volunteer 2 days per year.
What you'll be doing
You will join our great payroll team, being a key player in all things payroll, including:
- Processing our weekly and monthly payroll including BACS and RTI.
- Validating all payroll output, including data input by employees, the business, and the wider HR Shared Services Team
- Manual calculations from gross to net pay, including NI and PAYE
- Dealing with employee salary and payroll queries
- Managing system interfaces from third party suppliers as well as our internal time and attendance systems
- Being responsible for creating, maintaining, and updating payroll processes
- Using Excel and other tools to carry out payroll checks and reconciliations
- Payroll reporting
Who we're looking for
- Ideally, have experience of running weekly and monthly payrolls.
- In depth Payroll processing knowledge including but not limited to: Manual calculations, statutory payments/deductions
- Extensive experience of running end-to-end payroll, processing and proficient in the use of payroll software preferably Oracle R12
- Have an awareness of Working Rules Agreements.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft excel
- Experience in managing high volume workloads, and able to work towards our KPIs of timeliness and quality
- Competent in delivering manual calculations as well as being advanced in using Excel
- Good attention to detail and a focus on quality output
- Strong verbal and written communicative skills and the ability to engage with different stakeholders
- A team player who can work well with other colleagues in a supportive environment
It would be great if you had:
- Payroll experience, CIPP qualified or equivalent.
- Experience of Manual calculations within a payroll setting.
- System experience in Oracle R12, Kronos & Excel.
- We will help you and train you if you cant tick every box just yet
Why work for us
- HR Shared Services is a great team. We have fun, we work hard and offer great careers.
- HR Shared Services is the critical team that enables all we do for our people. The success of this team is fundamental to our people and our business. We enable the business to deliver amazing infrastructure project through providing great administrative support to employees throughout their entire career journey with us.
- Our specialist teams look after the HR and payroll of our 12,000 UK based employees, across a range of roles in Construction, Utilities, and Rail.
- Company DC pension scheme up to 5% EEs & 7% ERs
- Wellbeing hour each week to use for non work related activities go for a walk, do some house duties etc
- Opportunity to join into the company SIP scheme
- Flexible benefits window Options to purchase additional holidays, bikes, tech vouchers, dental cover, PMI etc
- Reward platform where you can get discounts off shopping, insurance, cars etc
- Hybrid working
- Enhanced company sickness scheme
- Enhanced company Maternity/Paternity/Shared parental/Adoption schemes
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Broad range of learning opportunities, such as professional qualifications
- Employee assistance programme
- Up to 2 days volunteering per year
- Company funded social events
In joining our team you are joining a strong HR function, where you can join us as the first step on a great career in HR, or simply join us be the best you can be in your role we will support you either way.
We have a BB Academy, which is a great resource to support you with your learning and development.
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business.
We have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion. Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.