Supply Chain Accountant
- Michael Page
- West Sussex
- £50000 - £60000 per annum
- 28 Mar 2023
- 25 Apr 2023
- JN -022023-5955479
- Michael Ternent
- Job role
- Finance business partner, Financial analyst
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
West Sussex based manufacturer of food and beverages is recruiting an Operations Accountant.
Partnering with non-finance colleagues
West Sussex based manufacturer of food and beverages is recruiting an Operations Accountant. International market leader.
- Continually monitors Site financial performance - specifically conversion costs, material price, waste, obsoletes, Capex. Flags key issues and performance drivers.
- Analyses and controls Site cost elements by understanding drivers and making recommendations to improve costs & performance KPIs.
- Site expert regarding data flow and financial controls, ensuring robust processes are in place to prevent compliance issues.
- Ensures Site standard product costs and transfer prices are controlled and frequently updated according to latest procurement forecasts and production parameters.
- Responsible for monitoring the accuracy of material master data and timely correction of any errors to avoid impact on financial reporting.
- Collaborates with the wider Site functional teams to continuously improve reporting and data accuracy (e.g. line parameters, scrap factors, product costs etc.)
- Challenges business partners with the risk and financial impact of critical business decisions (e.g. Capex / productivity projects), providing fact-based financial information.
- Leads the month-end closing and budgeting process for the Site.
- Acts as the point of contact for the Site with the external auditor during the year-end audit
Qualified or QBE accountant - ideally with exposure to manufacture / FMCG
Salary of £50,000 - £60,000 plus benefits