Global General Ledger Control Associate
- Morgan Stanley
- Glasgow, UK
- Not disclosed
- 27 Mar 2023
- 04 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Global General Ledger Control Associate
Req No. 3233447
Work as part of a team responsible for ledger maintenance and reference data, integrity of the General Ledger, and governance and attestation activities. The Glasgow GGLC team is focused on governance and attestation activities, and as a result of a recent internal rotation has a vacancy for a strong associate. This is a period of significant change for the GGLC Governance team: a multi-year project to replace the Firm's books and record attestation tool is approaching completion, and while significant work remains in final execution of the project and subsequent client support and assimilation, attention is now also turning to the post-implementation environment. There is a significant slate of additional projects impacting the governance environment, and a comprehensive reset of the team's remit and profile is underway. This role will be critical in assuring the delivery of the new GGLC model.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Key role in delivery of the team's business as usual output, including preparation and review of month end senior management reporting, as well as presentation in relevant senior management forums as required
- Development and maintenance of key stakeholder relationships across Finance teams
Ownership of specific project workstreams impacting the future direction of the Firm's books and records attestation model, building on the implementation of the new attestation tool (Cadency)
- Acting as client liaison throughout the implementation period, providing guidance on the new tool and procedures and ensuring best practice
- Key role in evaluation of post-implementation work and contribution to decisions on direction
- Delivery on team project workstreams, addressing ongoing ledger renovation and enhancement, development of value-add attestation quality reviews, and wider enhancements on reporting
- Ownership of specific departmental procedures, including liaison with team management on updates and maintenance and development of areas specifically identified as gaps
- Audit and management of GGLC-wide desktop procedures, ensuring completeness and accessibility across GGLC team locations
- Develop an understanding of processes from the wider department, including ownership and entitlement reviews, for both coverage purposes and to facilitate full integration with the team's reporting processes
- Shared responsibility to guide and develop more junior members of the team in both Glasgow and Mumbai
- Prepare and critically review KRIs and other metrics as required
- Other ad hoc duties
Skills that will help you in the role:
You will be:
- Strong communicator who is comfortable talking directly with stakeholders of all levels
- Committed and self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Given the significant amount of work facing the team, ability to hit the ground running: demonstrate self-starter competencies and be able to prioritize, drive and manage their own work slate
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong appreciation of escalation and risk awareness
- Analytical skills with a control focus and high regard for attention to detail
- Demonstrate an understanding of account assertions and concepts of audit evidence
- Critical thinking in order to challenge processes, solve for ad hoc queries and creativity to suggest alternative approaches.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to deal with colleagues/clients of all level
- Relevant degree/equivalent experience
Where will you be working?
Located in Glasgow's dynamic International Financial Services District our office has an open, diverse, thriving company culture. The office has a wellness center, including gym and shower/changing facilities, GP, Prayer room, Restaurant, and onsite Starbucks.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.