Director - Accounts Payable Vendor Management & Governance
- Morgan Stanley
- Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Not disclosed
- 27 Mar 2023
- 27 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Position Description: The Accounts Payable (P2P) Vendor Management & Governance manager will be responsible for monitoring the invoice processing, reconciliation, and payment activities at Morgan Stanley. The successful candidate is required to work closely with Morgan Stanley business units and global teams supporting Accounts Payable and Expense Management activities. The governance manager is expected to partner with the Procure to Pay team on adopting more robust governance practices, which provides better transparency of the operation and reduce the risk of errors and strengthen internal controls around invoice processing and reconciliation. The role is expected to support the firm initiatives to move towards a paperless and automated processing environment. This position will involve comprehensive audit analysis, strong attention to detail, and understanding of accounting principles like prepayments, accruals, reconciliations and enforcement/guidance on Firm policies and procedures as they pertain to the Accounts Payable, Expense Management and Procurement Operations process.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly oversight of all Accounts Payable activities; Invoice processing and Payments, Vendor Onboarding, System reconciliation various other ad hoc operational activities and projects.
- Manage daily and weekly operational calls with the offshore team to discuss the overall status of the operation and assist or address escalations.
- Partner with the broader P2P team on day-to-day tasks and related execution. Responsible for managing the accuracy of offshore team deliverables and providing overarching guidance and oversight, ensuring invoices/expenses being recorded and processed adhere to Firm and BU policies.
- Monitor and manage the AP operational reports and work with the business units and supplier to resolve invoice and payment disputes or expedite payments.
- Proactively identifying and managing operational issues to full resolution.
- Review and reconciliation of electronic invoices submitted by suppliers; Reconcile supplier statements, assist supplier with e-invoicing questions.
- Assist Firmwide Sourcing and Contract Compliance teams with contract invoicing.
- Assist with the supplier onboarding activities and Call Back Verification process
- Create, update and maintain operating procedures and identify opportunities to enhance process efficiency.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating team process documentation & opportunities to enhance process efficiency.
- Key focus on risk mitigation and operational efficiencies
- Assist with adhoc vendor spend reporting request; understanding the multiple reporting application used (Business Objects, Orbit).
- Prior experience in the Accounts Payable or Procure to Pay capacity and comfortable multi-tasking and working well under pressure. Ability & willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Problem Solving Skills: The candidate must have sound process knowledge of Accounts Payable and problem solving skills. This includes the ability to quickly ascertain the root cause of an issue and develop precise, robust and actionable solutions. The candidate must also have the ability to identify complex risks early and develop actionable mitigation plans. Very strong team player who is comfortable multi-tasking and works well under pressure.
- Analytical skills: The candidate must be highly analytical with experience in using objective data to drive strategic recommendations. Experience of collecting, analyzing and synthesizing large data and complex data sets using commonly available tools (e.g. Excel, Access, Ariba Reporting, Business Objects) is essential
- Communications skills: The candidate must be able to concisely explain complex issues. The candidate must also possess strong written and oral executive-level communications skills and prepare presentations and documents for senior audience. Effective communicator with client facing experience. Good facilitator, confident in working with others at all levels.
- Client management and teamwork skills: The candidate must have demonstrated ability in being flexible and working with stakeholders and colleagues at all experience levels as well as external counterparts.
- Project management skills: The candidate must have the ability to create practical and comprehensive implementation plans and partner with Technology, offshore teams and stakeholders to test and introduce system changes and enhancements.
- Experience in working with remote teams.
- Experience with managing a team.
- Experience with Ariba On Demand.
- Experience of using project reporting and tracking tools, creating process flows
- Bachelor's Degree
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.