Finance Analyst - Performance Reporting
- Sydney CBD Area
- Not disclosed
- 27 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial controller, Financial planning & analysis
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) services the Group’s major corporate, institutional and government clients, creating customised solutions based on specific needs, industry trends and market conditions.
The IB&M Financial Control & Performance Reporting team consists of 8 FTE with responsibility for a number of key areas:
- Client and Segment Reporting - Determining and analysing revenue and balance sheet allocations between IB&M, RBS and BPB based on client ownership.
- Financial Control
- Balance Sheet Analysis
- Performance Reporting
Reporting to the Manager IB&M Financial Control, this role is a key interface between finance (domestic & offshore), the business and Group Finance.
Do work that matters
- Preparation of monthly flash results including providing insightful commentary
- Work closely with BU Finance and international finance teams to deliver a speedy and accurate month end close
- Month end management reporting including preparation of management packs and analysis for IB&M Leadership teams
- Key liaison with Group Finance to ensure all month end and (half) year-end reporting and packs are completed on time and to a high standard. This will include preparing sections of the year end Results Announcement Pack (RAP), Profit announcement (PA), HFM packs and other supporting documentation
- Assisting in the monthly sign off process for the MIS System: includes analysing the IB&M Segment results and drivers in MIS to ensure accuracy; and identifying and raising data integrity issues
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA, or CFA qualification
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related discipline
- Strong excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build solid relationships with a good customer focus
- A desire to question and improve on the status quo
- The ability to coordinate and manage competing deadlines within a complex and changing environment
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 08/04/2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.