Consultant/Technical Coordinator, Financial Analysis Capital Markets
- Northern Trust
- Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines
- 27 Mar 2023
- 27 Apr 2023
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Responsible for producing, investigating and documenting complex financial analysis projects for the Capital Markets CAO business unit. This also involves data collection, analysis, reconciliations, report generation, drawing conclusions and providing recommendations to the Capital Markets management team. The consultant will be managing monthly/quarterly reporting processes and various ad hoc requests to be determined by the Senior management.
Uses specific knowledge of a discipline to achieve goals through own work. Has specific knowledge or expertise typically gained through formal education or equivalent experience. Uses expertise to provide guidance to others as a project manager or consultant. Requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline. Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes and clients. Performs a range of assignments related to job discipline. Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing situations.
- Leads and performs oversight in the production and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual invoicing and reporting process. Performing analyses on complex client profitability, revenue, expenses, vendors and reports relative to prior year, prior month, and/or plan focusing on key business factors driving financial performance.
- Provides thought leadership in specific subject matters with other junior members of the team.
- Develops strong work relationships and closely coordinates with various senior stakeholders under the Capital Markets line of business.
- Actively participate in special projects and ad hoc requests to support the CAO Capital Markets strategic priorities.
- Solves problems in intricate situations
- Analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team
- Works within guidelines and policies
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in project analysis and management reporting, planning, and analysis
- Overall work experience of at least 8 years preferably relevant to accounting, finance or project accounting
- Provides informal guidance to junior team members
- Highly-analytical and with problem-solving skills required to evaluate financial results; highlight red flags that are not aligned to the group’s targets and provide recommendations in aligning processes against the target operating model.
- Effective written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills necessary to present relevant information and MI reports to a diverse management team.
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) are required to generate MI reports, perform analyses and recommendations as well as communicate financial information to various constituents.
- Power BI/ VBA / SQL / MS Access skills to automate excel based reports
- Knowledge of accounting, reporting and financial analysis usually acquired through a 4-year degree program or related work experience is required.
- Requires expanded conceptual knowledge in own job discipline
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- Explains complex information to others in a concise and clear manner
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com. We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.