- Haines Watts
- London, City of London
- 27 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Ryan Ellis
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
It starts with you!
Some people think being an accountant is all about numbers. Here at Haines Watts we don't! We believe it's all about our people and the relationships they forge with one another as well as with our clients. We've been around for 90 years, so we must know a thing or two.
Our clients come from all walks of life. They have different backgrounds, experiences, talents, skills and goals. Just like our people.
So, we have a question for you: are you looking for a job that's just about the numbers? Or do you want a career where your potential, your ambition and your curiosity are encouraged, nurtured and rewarded?
At Haines Watts, there's no limit to what you can achieve. We'll give you support, opportunity and exposure to a wide variety of work and clients across different industries. It's up to you what you make of it!
You can find out more about us and our story - www.hwca.com/our-story
What's the role?
As a qualified Associate Partner working within our flagship London office, you will work closely with the partnership team; managing and overseeing the delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services. This is a dynamic, client-facing role, advising and supporting a varied portfolio of owner-managed businesses. To get a flavour of our clients, watch their videos www.hwca.com/resources/owning-it/ or listen to their stories on our podcast - https://open.spotify.com/show/3Q78CWy7O4NXu1FE9akPT5
Your key tasks and responsibilities:
- Oversee the delivery of accounts assignments across your portfolio
- Lead some of our largest and most complex assignments and review completed files
- Business Development with clients and building up long-lasting client relationships
- Responsibility for monitoring chargeability and profitability across your portfolio
- Contribute to valuations, business modelling, EMI, bank presentations and report writing
- Coach other staff for improved performance and technical development
- Mentor junior staff and contribute to the office's training and development
Qualifications you should have:
- ACA/ACCA qualified/overseas equivalent with at least 6 years post qualified experience and have proven experience of managing a portfolio of OMB/SME clients
- Experience in managing client relationships and dealing with complex client queries
- Leadership experience at a management grade
Just like you, we have our own unique DNA
We're an ambitious business that isn't afraid of success. We know we're not perfect but we're striving to address the big issues our people, communities, clients and business face, and we encourage all our people to have a voice in that journey.
Our DNA is built on valuing relationships, being passionate about what we do and how we do it, and being authentic in how we show up for ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
What you get from us:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Access to Haines Watts flexible rewards system
- Working in an environment that creates the best learning and development opportunities for you
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support you through your career journey
- Personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development and on the job practical training
- Regular opportunities to work with our Partners
- Opportunities to forge the career you want!
You're unique. We're a little different too! If you're curious about what your future could be with us, we'd love to start a conversation. Yes, there will be some paper work - there always is, but don't let that put you off giving us a go!
If you want to hear from some of our people, in their own words, you can visit - www.hwca.com/our-story/working-at-haines-watts
Or take a stroll through the channels below to get a better sense of who we are, who our clients are and what we do.
Website - www.hwca.com
Twitter - www.twitter.com/haineswatts
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/company/haines-watts
You tube - www.youtube.com/@haineswatts/videos
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/3Q78CWy7O4NXu1FE9akPT5
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CV's that are submitted without instruction from Haines Watts we reserve the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of agency fees.