- Iris Thaumas
- Birkirkara, Malta
- Competitive salary
- 27 Mar 2023
- 27 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts assistant, Accounts payable/receivable, Assistant accountant, Assistant management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme, Internship, Part qualified
We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our client's team. The role will in time develop to the preparation of the closing off workings for audit, management accounts, financial statements and tax computations. This position provides an excellent personal development opportunity as well as career prospects for the job holder. The successful candidate will form part of the firm’s outsourcing team and will report to the Partner/s and/or Outsourcing management team. You can expect to learn, get involved, be empowered and feel first-hand the valid contribution you are making to their clients’ operations. You will be provided with support in your journey to achieve your professional qualification.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is one of the leading multi-disciplinary audit, accounting, tax, and advisory firms and is located in Birkirkara.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processing day to day accounting transactions.
- Carrying out bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of reports in carrying out reconciliations, where applicable.
- Assisting in both month-end and year-end processes.
- Assisting Accounting Seniors in carrying out ad hoc tasks.
- Preparation of VAT returns and Recap Statements.
- Actively manage the client relationship.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in an accounting role.
- Applicants in the initial stages of ACCA and/or with less years’ work experience in an Accounting role may be considered.
- You are a team player, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- You possess multi-tasking and analytical skills as well as an eye for detail.
- You are able to deliver tasks effectively in a timely manner and according to deadlines set.
- You possess excellent inter and intrapersonal skills.
- You are computer literate and have a good working knowledge of MS Excel.
- You are able to work under pressure.
Currently studying ACCA with at least five (5) passes.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary.
- Flexibility in starting time, from 07:00 till 09:30, 40 hours per week with 60 minutes break.
- ACCA study leave (5+1).
- Increase in salary after each successful ACCA pass.
- Health insurance.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this position is a fit for you, do not hesitate and apply for this role today!
ABOUT IRIS THAUMAS
IRIS THAUMAS LTD is certified to ISO 9001:2015; licensed Employment Agency/Employment Business (EA #181); and Certified SRPS (MLC 2006 SRPS).