Manager, Corporate Tax
- Abbotsford, BC /Surrey, BC / Vancouver, BC , CA
- Customized rewards programs that focus on flexibility and work-life integration
- 27 Mar 2023
- 27 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial - this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Corporate Tax team as a Manager supporting our international tax practice. This diverse team of professionals delivers customized tax strategies within a complex and dynamic regulatory framework. As a trusted advisor, you’ll develop innovative strategies that enable clients to streamline processes, maximize efficiencies and minimize global tax liability while meeting their domestic and international reporting requirements.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Serve the Canadian tax compliance needs of multi-national corporations, including managing complete tax return and tax provision engagements
- Work closely with clients and members of the MNP team to provide tax advice to non-residents of Canada that are either carrying on business in Canada or planning to commence carrying on business in Canada
- Provide tax advice to Canadian businesses expanding abroad, including acquisition structuring, financing transactions, corporate reorganizations and planning for repatriation
- Solve client problems and introduce clients to new tax planning strategies
- Actively participate in internal professional development events, such as preparing and facilitating technical learning and development issues
- Promote the MNP brand and support the firm’s business development initiatives
- Mentor, motivate and coach team members towards professional and personal development by setting clear expectations, providing feedback and conducting performance reviews
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- CPA designation in required
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax program is required
- Minimum of 5 years in public practice with a minimum of 3 years specializing in Canadian International Corporate Tax Compliance
- Extensive working knowledge of corporate tax including consulting, compliance and research within International Tax
- Working knowledge of transfer pricing tax concepts and tax efficiencies of cross-border flows
- Strong understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles
- Proven people management, relationship building and leadership skills
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.