Sr. Tax Specialist - US Direct Taxation
- E.I. Dupont India Pvt Ltd
- Hyderabad, Telangana, India/Hybrid
- Competitive base pay + generous benefits
- 27 Mar 2023
- 27 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
At DuPont, we are working on things that matter; whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
As a Tax Coordinator, you will be a part of the US tax team and will be responsible to process, prepare & support various US Direct tax compliance filings includes US Federal, Domestic, International and various state and local tax returns and assist in OneSource support where needed. You may also be responsible for indirect tax tasks on an as-needed basis.
Your Key responsibilities:
- Prepare U.S. International, Federal, and various State and Local tax returns using the OneSource software (Form 1120 / Form 1065 / Form 5471 / Form 8858 / Form 8865 / State Corporate Income Tax & Franchise Tax Forms)
- Prepare, request, reconcile, and follow up open issues on Tax Bulletins for various US and Foreign subsidiaries.
- Prepare / review subsidiaries work papers for E&P or Schedule M adjustments.
- Prepare and maintain supporting documents in OneSource software.
- Extract various reports from OneSource & financial accounting ERP’s.
- Assist in Federal, State and Local audits.
- Assist in quarterly accrual process & various projects when needed.
- Provide administration support for OneSource, including, but not limited to, supporting the US tax team when requested, responding to global system access issues and requests and completing additional training to support the administrative function.
US Indirect Tax:
- Consolidate Sales and Use Tax data for Dupont and its subsidiaries, validate and provide it for Return Filing.
- Review of Returns Filed for Sales and Use Tax.
- Prepare and reconcile Tax Payment Worksheet for the Dupont and its subsidiaries.
- Annual Report filing for Dupont and its subsidiaries
- Coordinate with various teams and CSR/BU for validating Tax Exemption Certificate.
- Provide Reports on expired / expiring exemption certificates and various other reports as and when requested by the Team.
- Prepare and reconcile worksheet for Canada GST filing.
- Good knowledge of Excel; Word and PowerPoint
- Good Communication Skills
Impact on the Business & Team work
- Working with team to ensure delivery as per agreed timelines.
- Publishing performance dashboards and required tax specific reporting.
- Ensure proactive controls in place to highlight issues before they are picked up by business.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of accounting flows tax frame works to support the process.
- Ensure support is provided as per requirement from onshore counterparts related to Filings, Quarterly and yearly supporters.
- Attend all business calls and meetings and drive issue resolution as required.
- Respond to queries from senior group level management as appropriate.
- Analyzes data and translates into meaningful information.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities
- Ensure 100% PLA delivery.
- Ensure the basic process documentation is completed for all the activities.
Qualification and basic requirements:
- Experience in US tax working with Foreign filings 5471/8858/8865 and Domestic 1120 and 1065 form for 1 – 3 years.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with business stakeholders.
- An excellent attention to detail.
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Position requires strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task, and proficiency in the use of tax software like OneSource. Ability to research and understand principles of U.S. tax law.
- Should have demonstrated the ability of driving results.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.