Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant - Assistant Manager - Dublin
- Dublin 2, IE
- Competitive remuneration package
- 27 Mar 2023
- 27 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Finance Job Description
Job Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
Level: Supervising Associate / Assistant Manager
Sub Area: UKI
Report to: Head of PBFA (FP&A)
Excellent opportunity to join the finance function of one of Ireland’s largest, and most successful professional service firms, offering diverse services to clients in a fast-paced environment.
EY, a leading Global professional services firm, seeks a dynamic and efficient accountant to work within the finance department.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) accountant role is to support the planning, forecasting and reporting activities of EY Ireland. Working closely with the business, the FP&A accountant ensures that key decision makers have the information and analysis available to make the best choices. This role involves monitoring revenue and expenditure across the firm, highlighting variances and working closely with the Senior Finance Manager to ensure that growth is appropriately monitored and managed.
The position will also involve the development of forward looking financial plans and budgets for the firm along with the provision of monthly management reporting and analysis.
The FP&A accountant will be responsible for continued improvement to process/ controls and financial input into other projects as required by the Senior Finance Manager and the Head of Finance.
Key tasks will include;
Performance management and reporting
- Providing and communicating weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts.
- Preparation of financial information for inclusion in the monthly presentation submitted to the leadership team.
- Profit & Loss consolidation reporting.
- Preparation and issuing of financial reporting packs for key stakeholders.
- Interpreting financial information and providing appropriate analysis to budget owners / interested parties so that issues can be resolved in a timely manner.
- Working closely with other members of the Finance team to develop best-in-class reporting and analysis to drive understanding of performance and communication of this to key stakeholders.
- Responsible for accurate and efficient management of expenditure to ensure that costs are appropriate and in line with budgets, liaising with teams across the firm to ensure that costs are understood.
- Contributing to the continued development and maintenance of the financial knowledge and awareness of budget holders, the management team and other relevant interested parties.
Budgeting and forecasting
- Support the annual financial planning and regular forecast process and liaise with the relevant departments to ensure sign-off by all key stakeholders.
- Proactively review and challenge the financial plans/ forecasts and understand key drivers and assumptions.
- Preparing and inputting budgets and reforecasts as required.
- Liaising with financial controllers to determine budget plans for the firm, working with the Senior Finance Manager to review, analyse and challenge plans.
Project Support and continuous improvement
- Identify and improve tools and systems to provide enhanced financial and operational information.
- Embrace and drive system enhancements and take the lead in implementing change.
- Support and engage in ad hoc projects as required e.g. business cases for investment, internal and external communications etc.
The ideal candidate will have
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with a minimum of 2 years PQE in a commercially focused FP&A role, with proven experience in a fast paced working environment.
- Experience in producing budgets, forecasts and management accounts for multidepartmental/ business units.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities, delivering to tight deadlines through the consideration of risk, importance and level of urgency.
- An ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner through the skilful gathering and analysis of information.
- Ability to demonstrate data analytic capabilities preferred
- A high degree of accuracy, effective planning and a relentless attention to detail.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Resilience, flexibility and calmness under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop strong relationships across the finance team, key stakeholders and senior management.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust.
- Strong IT skills including advanced use of Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.