Head Of Finance
- Michael Page
- Coventry, West Midlands
- £65000 - £75000 per annum
- 27 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- JN -122022-5866390
- Daniella Patience
- Job role
- Finance manager
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
To assist the Financial Controller in the running of the finance function of the business in an efficient and accurate manner being an integral part of process and system's continual improvement.
This exciting Head of Finance roles is a Number 2 position in wider finance team.
An exciting Number 2 position in a Finance team for a retail business with head office based in Coventry.
- Production of management accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and maintain an accurate cashflow forecasting model.
- Assist the Financial Controller and divisional General Managers with the preparation of refurbishment or new development budgets for Board approval.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the annual budget setting process and subsequent quarterly re-forecasting.
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Provide any further financial information to the Management Executive to enable appropriate decision making.
- Have a working knowledge off all aspects the Finance function with the ability to provide holiday & sickness cover when required.
- Management of wider Finance team as Head of Finance
- Have a working understanding of VAT & Banking processes within the business.
- Retail experience preferred
- Accountancy Qualification ACCA/ACA/CIMA or significant experience within a similar role
- Experience of managing a finance team
- Knowledge of current accounting technical updates
- Knowledge of Partial Exemption VAT calculations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Analytically minded individual capable of prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel
- Up to £75,000 PA
- Coventry based
- Hybrid working
- A competitive pension scheme
- Eye care scheme
- Staff discount