Financial Reporting Accountant
- Dublin 12, Dublin
- not disclosed
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About the role:
Applegreen is in a rapid growth phase and has redesigned the Finance organisation structure to facilitate future expansion. As a result, an opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join the Group Finance team and the role will report directly to the Group Finance Manager. The objective of the Group Finance team is to provide high quality financial information to internal and external stakeholders in compliance with group accounting policies and regulatory requirements. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit into Applegreen seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role. The role presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to excel.
As Applegreen expands, the responsibilities will evolve and change over time. The core responsibilities will centre around the following areas:
- Adopt a hands-on approach to month end accounting including:
- Business partnering with non-finance department managers to review monthly actual vs budgeted performance.
- Analyse monthly financial information and investigate variances.
- Assist in preparation of monthly consolidated accounts.
- Assist in preparation of presentations for monthly Senior Management Meetings and Board Meetings.
- Review of reconciliations prepared by our share service partners.
- Monthly balance sheet review and reconciliations.
- Preparation of audit files and liaise with auditors.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements for group and subsidiaries in compliance with IFRS.
- Review technical standards to ensure compliance with IFRS.
- Prepare technical papers for new aspects of the business with recommendations on how to account for transactions.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Collaboration with IT department to develop / improve functionality.
- Aid in process improvement projects.
- Work together with the Mergers and Acquisitions department to ensure correct accounting treatment of new acquisition projects throughout the year and at reporting dates.
- Work with newly acquired companies or business units to align monthly accounting information to group requirements. Ad-hoc projects as required.
Qualifications, experience & skills:
- Be a qualified ACA Accountant, top 10 trained.
- Newly qualified to 1 year post qualification experience.
- Strong academics, Accounting related Degree or Masters.
- Experience working with an outsource provider preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Experience in a PLC type environment preferred.
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Office software also essential (Excel, PPT).
Additional Key Skills & Attributes:
- A dynamic individual who adapts well to change and can thrive in a rapidly growing organisation that continues to evolve.
- Proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines.
- A highly organised individual with ability to plan and prioritise workloads effectively for maximum impact and adapt around changing priorities as required.
- Excellent drive, enthusiasm and commitment and a keen interest in developing a career in Applegreen.
- A strong focus on modern finance and achieving best practice.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a positive solution focused mindset.
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability to interpret and challenge data and to interrogate financial systems.
- Has strong commercial acumen and a focus on delivering value to the business.
- Possess well-honed influencing and collaboration skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders across the different parts of the business.
- Be a self-starter who can work on own initiative and also be able to work collaboratively as a member of a highly interdependent team across many parts of Applegreen to ensure successful delivery of own, and teams, objectives.
- Is resilient and calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities.
- Has sound judgement and objective logical decision-making skills.
- Has strong leadership potential and management skills, who will be a role model for the people and culture at Applegreen.
- Willing to travel ad hoc if required.