Category Manager - IT Procurement
- Northern Trust
- Chicago, Illinois, United States
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Accountant, Business analyst, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
The Category Manager will be responsible for leading and managing critical global strategic sourcing and procurement projects within the IT Software spend category (~$200M annual spend).
- Leads strategic sourcing events including collecting, analyzing, and presenting data and recommendations to various levels of management across the organization on opportunities, risks, and where to prioritize software investments.
- Responsible for contract & price negotiations across the IT category.
- Thought leader with experience working with cross functional teams, and acting as Procurement SME.
- Responsible for Category Management including but not limited to category spend analytics, multi-year strategic sourcing roadmaps, acquiring and educating the enterprise on markets, suppliers, and trends.
- Working collaboratively with suppliers to enhance value and innovation.
- Influences and drives improvements of global policies, programs and processes.
- Leads and manages RFx (e.g. Request for Proposal, Request for Information, Request for Quote) process, including project management, development of RFx, negotiations and award process.
- Responsible for contract review, drafting and creation of various agreements, including NDAs, Master Agreements (SaaS, Software License Agreements, etc.), Service Level Agreements, Statements of Work, etc. leading and facilitating all aspects of contract negotiations across multiple Risk Control Functions (e.g. Legal, Privacy, Risk) and ongoing contract administration.
- Supports and monitors supplier adherence to contracts, manage suppliers via supplier activity reporting and business/performance reviews, support and conduct supplier scorecards, supplier rationalization and demand management opportunities.
- Manages and supports regulatory and compliance requirements (e.g. OFAC, FCPA, Spend Analysis, Client Relationships).
- Supports and helps present Procurement performance metrics and projects to senior management.
- Management of supplier fitness, including analyzing overall business and financial performance of potential and existing suppliers.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key partners, education on policy/guidelines and resolving related purchasing issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Finance or 7 or more years experience in Sourcing or Procurement related field focused on indirect sourcing or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- MBA or other advanced degree and a professional Procurement/ Supply Chain Management designation (e.g. CSCP, CPM) are a strong plus. In depth knowledge of supply chain management and procurement
- Strong analytical, sourcing, negotiation and communication skills. Technically adept with basic application software; proficient in MS Office Suites with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP system/ Peoplesoft, and Source to Pay (Coupa)
- Demonstrated success in time management; superior project management skills, attention to detail, thorough and organized
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.