EMEA Macro Financial Controller – Associate
- J.P. Morgan
- Warszawa, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
With a focus on Balance Sheet and P&L reconciliation, General Ledger reporting, and financial data consolidation, you will have the opportunity to bring your analytical skills and attention to detail to the forefront while making a real impact on the success of the business.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle and diverse product scope of the investment bank to ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
As a Financial Controller at JPMorgan you will lead a team of professionals primarily focusing on ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Firm’s books and records, with an emphasis on EMEA General Ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle of the business. Some of the most common functions and activities you will own are Balance Sheet and P&L reconciliation, substantiation, reporting and governance, inter-entity control & governance, manual accounting / bookings to the General Ledger, and the month end close process and coordination.
- Manage the consolidation of JPMorgan Chase financial data at month end, including the ability to support month end, quarter end, and year end activities
- Ensure the accuracy and validity of Line of Business General Ledger accounts, including adherence to the firm-wide General Ledger Reconciliation & Substantiation (GLRS) standards
- Ensure adherence to Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet controls owned by Financial Control, including identifying and implementing opportunities for efficiency
- Oversee, analyse, communicate, and resolve material variances between the General Ledger and upstream systems, as defined by Line of Business
- Establish and manage relationships with various Line of Business controllers, Product Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Middle Office, Business Managers, Technology and Operations, across global locations
- Actively identify gaps in current reconciliation / substantiation process and participate in the implementation of new controls and strategic solutions
- Represent the team and lead efforts around strategic initiatives and ongoing improvements around our internal/external reporting processes
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skill:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, other numerical fields
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in Banking, Accounting or within other Finance function
- Understanding of General Ledger accounting concepts (Balance Sheet, P&L)
- Knowledge of investment bank products (derivatives, bonds, loans etc.)
- Excellent command of business English and communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in working with numbers
- Comfort liaising with business and partners while building and maintaining strong working relationships
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Self-driven attitude with good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and execute in a constantly changing environment
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.