- Grant Thornton Ireland
- Dublin, Ireland
- 24 Mar 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial accountant, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant
- Accounting - Public practice, Banking and financial services, Global business services and outsourcing
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Newly qualified
We are Grant Thornton.
Grant Thornton Ireland (GT) has over 2,600 people in 10 office across Ireland, The Isle of Man, Gibraltar and Bermuda and with a global network of 62,000 people.
At GT Ireland we don’t just predict your future, we build it.
A Career at GT
Looking for a more fulfilling role in professional services? One where fresh thinking collaboration and diversity are valued? At Grant Thornton we do things differently.
What does this mean for you?
A career in a more inclusive working environment, a more collaborative work culture, a more supported, flexible working role, more possibilities to grow and more opportunities to help shape the future for your clients. We respect and value your experience. And we want you to bring your authentic self to work and be at your best. It is how it should be.
Grow with us
At Grant Thornton, we care about our people and work hard to make you feel valued. If you are looking to deepen and develop your skills, knowledge, and experience throughout your career, then that is what you will get, and more.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join our internal Finance team as Financial accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to grow and develop their skills in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
The Finance team provide support to the Partners and management across our ten offices. The individual will be part of the reporting team who have been hugely successful in transforming the Grant Thornton finance function. The role will suit someone with an interest in preparing monthly management accounts and reporting packs, strong analytical skills and advanced skills in Excel and other software.
Key tasks include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for GT
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack and KPIs
- Providing key financial analysis, ad hoc reports and associated insights
- Reconciliation of Balance sheet control accounts
- Participating in team collaboration and finance transformation activities
- Newly qualified accountant ACA / ACCA/ CIMA / CPA
- Advanced excel and analytical skills
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work / collaborate with team
- Positive energy and attitude with desire to drive change
- Ability to work in fast paced environment managing multiple tasks / timelines
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel and experience using accounting software / ERP system
- Excellent attention to detail
The individual will be based in our Dublin office in City Quay. Hybrid working is available.
Life at GT
Reward and benefits:
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive.
Inclusion and diversity:
Included and valued for your difference is how everyone should feel at work. Not just because it is right, but because we are all at our best when we are able to be ourselves. So, when you join Grant Thornton, we will work hard to ensure that is how you feel. We want you for who you are. We are excited to see the personality and perspectives you will bring to our team because we know we will all benefit from them.
Diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision-making, improves the quality of our delivery, and helps us to meet the needs of our clients. Our firm is built on people and their ideas, so we want to hear all the new perspectives and fresh thinking you have to offer.
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. Our Shout Out recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.