Assistant Manager, Private Client Tax - Cheltenham
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 24 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 800 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
We have a vacancy for a Private Client Tax Assistant Manager to work in our Cheltenham Tax team. This is a full time permanent role with opportunities for progression.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering special and project based work, and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from directors of owner-managed companies to non-domiciled and high net worth individuals. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in business development initiatives and working with the team to generate new work.
You should be CTA (or equivalent) qualified with extensive practical tax experience. You will also be able to work as part of a team, liaising with other tax specialists, whilst using your own initiative.
The right candidate will:
- Be CTA qualified or part qualified
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Accounting experience preferred
- Have a passion for client service
- Display energy and enthusiasm and a focus on achieving results
- Have a keenness to further your own development and career goals
Your responsibilities will include a range of tasks, some of which are:
- Assisting with the planning, execution, and finalisation of technical projects across a range of tax lines for partner or manager review, providing solutions and seeking input for areas of concern or judgement.
- Technical research to support the senior management team, including drafting reports and correspondence to clients and to HMRC.
- Clearly highlighting issues identified during research, and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Act as a role model for junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching.
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget on projects, and when the actual differed from the budget then gain a full understanding with the Manager.
- Prepare timely WIP analysis and draft fees.
- Participate in service line, office, and firm wide activities such as ongoing training, professional conferences, and team away-days.
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our people to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
Closing Date: 11 April 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.