MY - Business Advisory - Senior (Johor Bahru Office)
- Deloitte Malaysia
- Johor Bahru, MY
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Providing advice on accounting for complex transactions
- Work hand-in-hand with Technical Department for complex transactions
- Implementing new financial reporting requirements
- Agreed-upon procedures engagement
- Advising on conversion to new financial reporting framework
- Advising, planning and executing finance transformation initiatives (e.g. financial reporting process improvements, implementation of financial close tools etc)
- Providing advice on certain aspects of post-merger integrations (accounting policy alignment, streamlining of finance functions etc)
- Providing advice on improvement of Standard Operating Procedures
- Preparing of statutory and XBRL converted financial statements
- Supporting client finance functions
- Developing and facilitating tailored training modules to clients
- Organising external seminars
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte, align our people to these objectives by setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Lead by example and provide equal opportunity for people to grow, develop and succeed.
- Establish positive relationship with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Manage diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where people are respected and valued for their contribution.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make
- Accountancy graduates or equivalent
- Business advisory experience coupled with some auditing experience in Big 4 or large/multinational organisation is an added advantage
- Good knowledge of IFRS, financial reporting, and close processes
- Knowledge of risk management and internal audit is an added advantage
- Excellent written and presentation skills including good consultative and negotiation skills with the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders from different cultures
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills Strong sense of ownership, accountability, and drive to deliver high-quality outcomes
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with developed coaching and mentoring capability
- Willingness to travel
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.