Project Manager Banking Professional with Finance Experience
- Athens, GR, 15125
- Competitive remuneration package
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
EY’s Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) teams support clients in determining, monitoring and disclosing financial and nonfinancial insights for their stakeholders. FAAS addresses the CFO’s agenda and provides CFOs, controllers, treasurers and audit committees with insights and services to support compliance with evolving financial requirements and help provide transparency and trust in reporting to support better decision-making. We also help to support finance functions with robust financial data analytics and innovation through our tools.
Our services cover a wide range of accounting and reporting, transaction accounting, treasury, and corporate governance services that can make our clients’ business meet changing market conditions, demands for greater transparency and changing regulatory requirements.
We aim to do this by providing innovative support to inspire confidence while addressing reporting challenges that stem from the changing economic and regulatory environment.
We are currently seeking experienced professionals to engage with Project Management tasks for leading banks where we accompany them to their finance transformation journey. In this dynamic environment, we help the Bank to accomplish its strategy and mission by providing our project management services on a daily basis. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the FAAS team during a time of exciting growth, through discovering new opportunities within the Bank as part of the daily business. Sounds interesting?
Your key responsibilities
You will provide project management services to the Bank encompassing support in the organization of workshops, follow-up actions, recording feedback from the engaged parties and other related tasks. That means you need to be well-organized and have a structured way of working, think outside the box, be creative and solutions oriented, and be adaptable to change. As you build your knowledge and experience, you will become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborating effectively with the key personnel from the Bank with regards to the daily monitoring of tasks, organizing workshops, participation in meetings and monitoring follow-up actions, recording feedback from the engaged departments, organize educational workshops, etc.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams, both within FAAS and with the Bank, and ensuring deliverables are of a high quality according to EY standards
- Fostering an efficient, innovative and team-oriented working environment by maintaining cooperative relationships that lead to open communications and sharing of information
- Demonstrating positive attitude, professionalism, teamwork competences, and high level of self-motivation and desire to exceed expectations
- Illustrating critical thinking and ability to work in a multi-tasking and results-oriented working environment with keen attention to high quality and details
- Identifying and communicating relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client
- Creating presentations and using technology to continually enhance service delivery
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 5 years of working experience in consulting/audit services in relevant positions or a financial accounting/reporting role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or any quantitative degree.
- Good understanding of accounting logic and accounting & finance policies/ processes
- Results-oriented approach with keen attention to high quality and accuracy and distinct willingness to learn
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Greek and English
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally (travelling is subject to Covid-19 limitations).
- Completed military obligations (where applicable).
Ideally you will also have
- Previous experience in Project Management roles
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or any quantitative degree.
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one (ACCA, ACA, CFA, SOEL)
What we look for
We are not just looking for technical accounting experience - we are interested in professionals with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; professionals who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
Working location: Athens (hybrid)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.