Consultant, Fund Accounting – Dublin - Hybrid
- Northern Trust
- Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
- 24 Mar 2023
- 28 Mar 2023
- Job role
- Financial analyst, Fund accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Consultant within our growing Fund Accounting department. The Senior Consultant has responsibility for accurately reviewing and signing off NAV calculations, is the subject matter expert on the team for all fund specific requirements and takes the lead in rolling out new system enhancements and procedures. They will also collate and provide feedback from Fund Accounting department to the relevant stakeholders. The Senior Consultant may be an individual contributor or have one or two direct reports. This role will be attractive to candidates with prior fund accounting experience or relevant operational /accounting experience who want to progress their career in a ‘best in class’ environment.
A Senior Consultants role and day to day responsibilities are documented in further detail below and incorporates the following areas:
- Operational Risk Management
- Client Service and Quality - Accuracy & Timeliness
- Productivity and Change Control Management
- Outsourcing and Oversight
- Responsible for co-coordinating and leading systems testing and procedures in the team.
- To be the technical and subject matter expert on the team and handle all specific fund requirements.
- Mentors individuals and peers during projects and assignments.
- Analytically and procedurally competent to lead the team on cross-function process or project deliverables, minimising errors in all deliverables
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the industry and keep abreast of emerging industry trends.
- Ability to lead long term strategy for the department
- Instils a client service culture among staff and ensures that all clients receive a quality service.
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Identify, assist and delegate projects/assignments and tasks to individuals and peers. Maintain accountability for the projects/assignments. Provide progression feedback and recognition to the individuals and the project team.
- Engaging with key stakeholders to understand business needs and requirements, management of stated stakeholder needs
- Proactive problem solving and issue resolution and development of key communications related to projects, programmes or activities of the team
- Previous fund accounting experience or relevant operational/accounting experience preferred
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting applications preferred with the ability to implement interfaces with other systems
- Maintain an understanding of the industry and NT, in particular NT’s systems, infrastructure and process/data flows.
- Experience with vendors an advantage (Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation, multi-tasking and problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
- Third level qualification or pursuing a professional accounting qualification an advantage but not required
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.