Corporate Treasury/Chief Investment Office - VP
- J.P. Morgan
- London, UK; New York, NY, United States
- Highly competitive compensation package
- 24 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, CFO, Financial analyst, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Capital and Liquidity Policy sits within the Treasury/Chief Investment Office as part of the Capital & Liquidity Management (CALM) function which oversees the end-to-end regulatory capital measurement across the firm.
As a Vice President in Chief Investment Office, you will manage Firm’s capital and liquidity resources as well as the firmwide capital stress testing process. Capital and Liquidity Management partners with other functions, including Risk, Corporate Financial Reporting and the Lines of Business (LOBs) to establish control and governance best practices and accountability for the regulatory capital process. CALM is also responsible for interfacing with regulators on capital-related issues and guiding LOBs on efficient capital decisions. You will help to interpret and provide guidance on US regulatory capital and liquidity rules for current, pending, and proposed transactions in support of Front Office, Risk, Finance and Technology.
- Review and interpret US and International Capital & Liquidity Rules and Proposals
- Aid in the activities of established teams in Finance and Risk to ensure compliance with U.S. regulatory capital & liquidity requirements
- Provide input and support to the teams working with the U.S. regulatory agencies regarding, regulatory examinations, capital and liquidity policy and ad-hoc inquiries
- Support Finance, Front Office and management teams across the globe with respect to application of US regulatory capital & liquidity rules (and where they differ from local/regional requirements)
- Help with increasing involvement and partnership in EMEA (UK/non-UK) and APAC policy guidance, RWA production, and independent review.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in banking and finance, with either a leading bank or other financial institution strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of the US Basel III capital rule
- Good knowledge of derivatives products and understanding of trading strategies
- Prior experience in wholesale lending and structured finance areas preferred
- Ability to develop comprehensive and balanced analyses of complex trade structures
- Exposure to quantitative model development or management preferred
- Good project management skills and ability to navigate across organizations at senior levels
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio)
- Bachelor's degree required
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience in working on large scale projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience in regulatory capital calculation and reporting infrastructures
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.