Associate - Audit - FY24 (AUH)
- KPMG Lower Gulf Limited
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Competitive salary
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Accounts payable/receivable, Audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Minimum Typical Experience/Qualifications:
- Bachelor in Commerce or Completed A levels or equivalent
- ACCA - Should have completed a minimum of 4 papers (F1-F4)
- Enrolled and registered for CPA
- ICAEW – Complete a minimum of 3 application modules (to include accounting & assurance) and, where relevant, their underpinning knowledge modules.
- Knowledge in accounting concepts
- Computer Literacy
- 12 – 18 months work experience
Audit Associates work under the supervision of Senior Associates on particular engagements. Their main responsibility is to prepare the working papers in accordance with the firm and professional standard, as delegated by the senior. Their primary job is to ensure that they deliver quality services on a timely basis.
Client & Customer Focus
- Preparation and updating of system documentation
- Preparation /completion of certain general file documents
- Analytical Review (AR) of income statement
- Get involved in audit of less critical financial statement captions (Including but not limited to)
- Accounts payable (AP), fixed assets, other receivable, other payables, expense review
- Gather understanding of the clients business environment and identifying key controls for audit tests
- Carry out test of operating effectiveness, of key financial controls as per the audit methodology
- Audit administration (casting, photocopying, filing)
- Coaching and delegating to team members & Ensure that the engagement reviews are completed within the given time
- Help new recruited associates & assist in settling in.
- Client relations – with middle management and junior staff
- Clearing review notes raised by the job in charge and mangers. Prior to management review conduct a thorough check on the working papers
- Develop industry knowledge to complement functional skills
- Compliance testing, including system walk through
- The audit of the client’s statutory records, internal controls and consolidated accounts
- Attending stock counts and the follow up of the counts
- Participates in the pre engagement planning, with team members and client staff when needed. Discuss client’s need/expectations, team roles, budgets and other things necessary to carry out the engagement.
- Understand the clients business, products, performance and accounting policies.
- Adhere to the KPMG code of conduct and all KPMG risk management policies and procedures
- Perform effective wrap-up of engagement, assisting manager / in-charge after leaving the field, clearing all review notes, assisting manager / in-charge with report issuance/concurring review process, placing files to disks/network and complying with document retention policy, binding and filing work papers in the office.
Training Required as per Level
- Good communications skills in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Arabic would be an advantage.
Please keep in mind that duties and responsibilities associated with a particular role may change from time to time, and that individual situations and one´s specific role or job description may vary from the information contained in these job descriptions.
RELEVANT BEHAVIORAL CAPABILITIES:
- Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas, approaches and perspectives
- Challenges assumptions and validates information
- Is proactive in thinking of new and creative ideas
- Proactively shares knowledge with other individuals, teams, functions
- Demonstrates awareness of the impact of their behavior on others
- Builds positive constructive relationships within the team
- Commits to achieving stretching goals
- Seeks to continually develop a breadth of knowledge and expertise
- Presents a positive and can-do approach
- Sets up procedures to monitor work progress and quality
- Takes personal responsibility for staying informed and keeping the team informed
- Produces clear, structured and concise written communication
- Demonstrates awareness of risk management practices and standards and adheres to these as appropriate
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.