Plant Accountant - Karawang
- Kerry Group
- Not disclosed
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.
About the role
Work Location: Karawang
Reporting to: Operations Controller
- Managing Financials– Responsible for the accuracy of all plant financials including production volume, conversion costs, material usage variance, and standard costs. A clear understanding of inventory and the controls process are key
- Reporting & Analysis– Provides accurate, actionable and timely finance costing reporting, variance analysis, and commentary that leads to an understanding of the operations performance, enabling improved decision making and identification of opportunities
- Planning– Lead the forecast and budget process with plant operations stakeholders. Support the forecast process driven by S&OP update on monthly or needed basis, to support the decision-making process.
- Capital Management– Site Capital Gatekeeper partnering with the Plant Manager & Engineering Team. Partner with and coach the Plant Leadership Team in ensuring compliance to CAPEX Approval requirements, including data gathering to develop business plans, insights to influence decision making, ensuring forward looking plans to mitigate against Food Safety and Machine Breakdowns.
- Capital control – evaluate proposals, monitor spend, associated phasing and review with the Plant Team to ensure projects are delivered within the approved budgets and agreed timeline.
- Accelerate & Other Projects – Identifies areas of opportunity in the business associated with continuous improvement in areas of financial performance, business acumen, processes, standard work, systems and other areas. Financial Insights on the project plans and actual performance v targets.
- Continuous Improvement Programme - Participate in the assessment and validation of Plant Performance Programs & Scenario Planning and financial assumptions. Specify plant strategic investment requirements, to deliver accelerate projects, work with SME’s to validate projects, payback and quantitative and qualitative KPI
- Inventory control - Gatekeeper for inventory at site and at 3PL’s – including stocktake and inventory valuation is aligned to Kerry’s and Inventory Policy. Consult, partner with Supply Chain to ensure Inventory IDOS adherence and SAR is minimised with aligned cross functional push strategies to minimize Kerry’s write off exposure. Engage closely with Supply Chain on inventory holding strategy to achieve the Inventory Holding & IDOS target and minimise inventory at risk.
- Provide project management support for Integrated Office projects and Site Leadership team. This support includes but is not limited to scope definition, planning, status reporting & tracking, and risk management. In conjunction with the Plant Leadership Team drive results to ensure on time deployment of the project with the Plant and highlight when and what support is needed if issues arise whilst managing risks and removing blockages that might impact delivery.
- Collaborate with the Functional Leads to ensure data is reliable and support Plant Leadership team in understanding Metrics. Leverage KPI’s to influence Plant Performance and lead with data insights to align across functions
- Financial compliance risk - Deployment of a site Governance model to ensure compliance with site, internal and Group policies ensure compliance. Ensure site compliance in line with system and procedure.
- Product Costing & Valuation (Material Ledger) - Ensure connectivity and timelines with the regional to ensure Material Ledger is closed in accordance with regional timelines and is accurate and complete
- Product/Process costing – ensuring that yields, labour and direct overhead standards reflect the true cost of manufacture. Working with the Plant, Business and Process Teams to resolve any differences
Qualifications and skills
- Degree or professional certificate in Accountancy / Finance.
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Access, SQL, Business Objects).
- Knowledge of ERP, ideally SAP and related data analysis tools are an added advantage.
- Exposure to manufacturing environment.
- Strong project management skills essential with broad understanding of functional workings of each department within a standalone business
- Self-starter who can manage fluctuating workloads and projects using a high degree of initiative.
- Strong team player with a clear focus on stakeholder engagement and solution delivery
- Analytical and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information.
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners.
- Good communication and written of English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Discipline and positive attitude.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.