Client Accounting Manager - Funds
- Belfast, UK
- Not disclosed
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Responsibilities (how we will measure success)
The role holder will manage a team of accountants, to deliver excellent client service, risk adherence and ensure they are well trained and motivated.
They will manage all aspects of the Team’s workflow and be a point of escalation for clients and staff.
They will create and maintain an environment that ensures all deliverables are met and that the team are focused on identifying ways in which they can improve processes, service delivery and team morale.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Oversee the smooth running and maintenance of relationships with designated clients
- Plan, implement, review, manage and record all aspects of team members’ performance, training, and career development, continually increasing the team’s capability and performance levels
- Maintain effective risk and compliance oversight for all aspects of the team’s performance and activity
- Manage the file review process to ensure that all activity meets the Group’s risk, quality, and service standards
- Perform second review of KPIs to ensure they are developed, implemented, and reported quarterly in accordance with SLAs
- Support the development of the Operating Model by providing timely and constructive feedback on operations and performance. Attending forums with Front Office Senior Client Services Managers and Back Office KPI sessions to generate improvements
- Act as a subject matter expert on different products, structures and jurisdictions
- Oversee the effective use of all systems and software used within the team, proactively identifying performance improvements and process efficiencies
- Identify additional value-added services and revenue opportunities for the Group
Key competencies for position and level (see Group Competency model)
- Builds Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
- Directs Work
- Drive Results
- Develops Talent
Key behaviors we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Relationship building
- Taking ownership
- Qualified Accountant (CAI, ACCA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of various Accounting Frameworks (IFRS, UK & US GAAP)
- Experience of providing services to multiple clients and managing client
- Investran, Reporting Services (desirable)
- Strong Excel skills including understanding best practices in reviewing financial
- Experience in developing individuals up to the standard required of a Client
- Services Accountant
- Excellent communication skills
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Investran, Reporting Skills
- Experience in managing qualified accountants
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.