Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Aberdeen; Bristol; Bury St Edmunds; Edinburgh; Gatwick; Glasgow; Leeds; Liverpool; London
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Internal audit
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Locations: Aberdeen; Bristol; Bury St Edmunds; Edinburgh; Gatwick; Glasgow; Leeds; Liverpool; London; Manchester; Milton Keynes; Newcastle; Reading; Southampton; Birmingham.
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
About the Department
There has never been a more exciting time to pursue a career at RSM. The firm is growing and with that growth comes an opportunity to develop your skills and technical knowledge with the leader of the middle market.
We have a diverse client base, spanning a wide range of industries and sectors, and provide many different services. As a Supervisor in the Quality Assurance Department, you will carry out reviews of completed engagements, to assess the quality of work performed and provide feedback to the engagement teams. This is a key part of protecting the firm’s brand and reputation. If you have passion and ambition, and you would like to continue to build upon your existing skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
RSM has a culture of transparency and supportiveness, we remain people focused, and we care about your development. We promote from within wherever possible, we listen to your career goals and aspirations and we will support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
Are you ambitious? Do you have a passion for quality and upholding high standards? Do you want to feel heard and recognised? Do you enjoy variety, and to be challenged? Do you want to see your efforts rewarded and to be continually developed? Our culture is our greatest strength, and as a Supervisor at RSM we will support your development in both the technical and leadership skills required to continue to progress in your career.
About the Job
The Quality Assurance Department (QAD) is an independent department that carries out reviews across all client service lines, checking compliance with procedures and providing feedback to engagement teams, senior management, technical and training departments and other parties, to promote quality and excellence in the delivery of services.
QAD is respected within the firm as being important, influential and knowledgeable. In this role, you will carry out reviews of a mix of services and client types, across all offices. You will work closely with the other members of the QAD team, who will help to develop your technical, interpersonal and leadership skills. There are many exciting opportunities for anyone looking to join our teams:
- Extensive internal training programme directed by a specialist team, including relevant training for key service lines, industries and responsibilities, providing significant CPD opportunities
- Structured training programme for qualified staff with manager potential, setting out a clear path and objectives to reach the next level
- Regular provision and discussion of feedback to assist in progression to a manager role where appropriate
- Internal office and regional team events
- Carry out detailed reviews of working papers, take-on procedures, training records and quality controls
- Evaluate the adequacy of compliance with procedures and the quality of the outputs
- Communicate the findings clearly and concisely
- Engage in constructive discussion with engagement teams about root causes and future actions
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of carrying out Audit or Internal Audit
- Good technical knowledge
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Curiosity and scepticism
- Resilience and versatility
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.