Fund Services Tax, VP
- State Street
- Krakow, Poland
- Not disclosed
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Global Funds Management provides a centralized oversight program for various SSGA products and services by implementing, managing and/or overseeing the administration, tax, treasury, fund governance and regulatory reporting requirements for SSGA funds.
The strategic objective of the role is to ensure appropriate tax withholding and refunds are executed upon in a timely manner, reporting is undertaken where required, and is done so within the regulatory framework of the tax jurisdictions of operation and investment.
- You will review the status of non-resident shareholders’ US tax documentation ensuring completeness and accuracy of withholding rates
- You will review and approve quarterly tax payments and tax reporting, reconcile tax deposits with IRS and file annual tax forms related to withholding tax
- You will coordinate filing of foreign tax reclaims with foreign authorities and payment of such reclaims
- You will provide support for the Canadian pooled funds annual distribution and T-3 tax return process.
- You will provide oversight of the preparation of European Union discriminatory claims and payments.
- You will provide oversight of annual FATCA, CRS compliance and self-certifications.
- You will liaise with the custodian of the SSGA investment products to ensure appropriate tax efficiency is applied when investment is outside the domicile of the fund.
- BA/BS in business, accounting, finance or related field
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience with US tax withholding and reporting matters, Canadian Unit Trust tax compliance, tax reclaim and relief at source knowledge for investment entities domiciled in the United States and EMEA.
- Strong people management skills and prior experience in a supervisory capacity with responsibility for mentoring and developing direct reports
- Excellent communication, social, organizational skills
- Confirmed ability to work independently and to effectively handle challenging priorities
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.