Client Accountant - Funds
- Belfast, UK
- Not disclosed
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Office: Northern Ireland
Every day brings a new challenge so you’ll need to be a team player at heart, with an eye for detail and great organisational skills so you can prioritise your day to ensure deadlines are met and timelines are adhered to. Your primary responsibility will be to act as a day-to-day front office contact for your designated private equity, real estate, credit, or debt fund clients. You will be a part of a supportive team, own your tasks and proactively manage your deliverables and resolve any issues that may arise.
Responsibilities (how we will measure success)
- Day to day responsibility for the management of designated Private Equity or Real Estate Clients
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and reports
- Work closely with your line Manager and Technical & Training Team to ensure financial statements meet the Funds’ reporting requirements, e.g. UK GAAP or IFRS
- Review investor drawdown calculations to ensure accuracy of figures as Funds seek access to their commitments from investors
- Review investor distribution calculations to ensure the flow of funds from the sale of an investment are accurately recorded so that proceeds are appropriately allocated and paid to investors
- Ensure the accurate communication of all cash movements between the Fund and its Investors through the issuance of relevant notices to investors
- Oversee the preparation and completion process of Client deliverables including agreeing timetables with Clients, and thereafter monitoring progress against these to ensure deliverables are on track
- Conduct regular Client calls with CFO or Financial controller to ensure open and effective communication at all times.
Tasks (what does the role do on a day-to-day basis)
- Responsible for mentoring and supporting other staff as an expert on designated clients and funds
- Gain a good understanding of the accounting framework for each designated client (as prescribed in the Fund’s legal documentation, the LPA) and ensure the movement of funds and transactions are treated in accordance with this framework
- Contribute ideas to improve processes to either gain efficiencies or reduce risk.
Key competencies for position and level (see Group Competency model)
- Balances Stakeholders
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Optimise Work Processes
Key behaviours we expect to see
In addition to demonstrating our Group Values (Authentic, Bold, and Collaborative), the role holder will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Relationship building
- Team working
- Taking ownership
- Higher level education, IATI qualification or equivalent
- ACCA/ ACA/CIMA qualified, Qualified by Experience or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience working in a professional office environment. Ideally working in financial services or accounting practice working on multiple client relationships
- Ideally has experience reviewing working paper files and Financial Statements, including disclosures or alternatively can demonstrate strong accounting background through previous experience and CPD
- Management of client relationships and experience with resolving issues directly with clients
- Experience in supporting and mentoring less experienced team members
- Intermediate Excel skills.
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.