Corporate Tax Trainee
- Haines Watts
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
- 24 Mar 2023
- 21 Apr 2023
- Yagmur Colak
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accounting - Public practice
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
Corporate Tax Trainee - Newcastle
Start date - Sept 2023
It starts with you!
Some people think being an accountant is all about numbers. Here at Haines Watts we don't! We believe it's all about our people and the relationships they forge with one another as well as with our clients. We've been around for 90 years, so we must know a thing or two.
Our clients come from all walks of life. They have different backgrounds, experiences, talents, skills and goals. Just like our people.
So, we have a question for you: are you looking for a job that's just about the numbers? Or do you want a career where your potential, your ambition and your curiosity are encouraged, nurtured and rewarded?
At Haines Watts, there's no limit to what you can achieve. We'll give you support, opportunity and exposure to a wide variety of work and clients across different industries. It's up to you what you make of it!
You can find out more about us and our story - www.hwca.com/our-story
What is the role?
You will be working with Owner Managed Businesses, helping them to navigate the complex and ever-changing demands of UK tax legislation.
Through this role, you will gain a broad range of industry knowledge and professional skills, as well as build relationships with your team, Haines Watts Partners, and clients. You will also develop technical tax and accounting skills as we support you through your ATT (tax) qualification. Following completion of ATT, there will be further opportunity to study chartered tax professional exams.
Your key tasks and responsibilities:
- Preparing annual corporation tax returns for review
- Advising clients on corporation tax liabilities as they become due
- Update internal systems with progress of workflow
- Various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research on compliance or advisory matters
- Study for professional exams and develop tax technical knowledge/ skills.
This role is open to individuals at a variety of different levels who are looking for their first role, whether you have a you have a Degree, A Levels or GCSE's we can tailor your study programme around you, all we ask is for a minimum of 5 GCSE's Grade Level 5 or above including English Language and Maths or minimum of 112 UCAS points at A Level.
Haines Watts is mindful of individuals who may have extenuating circumstances and did not meet the minimum academic requirements. We are open to discussing and exploring the pathway you have chosen and welcome you to apply for the role and send an email regarding your extenuating circumstances which affected your results.
Just like you, we have our own unique DNA
We're an ambitious business that isn't afraid of success. We know we're not perfect but we're striving to address the big issues our people, communities, clients and business face, and we encourage all our people to have a voice in that journey.
Our DNA is built on valuing relationships, being passionate about what we do and how we do it, and being authentic in how we show up for ourselves, our colleagues and our clients.
What you get from us:
- Flexible working hours 35 hours a week, with a strong emphasis on the importance of wellbeing and work-life balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Full study support package for ATT qualification and apprenticeship
- Access to Haines Watts flexible rewards system
- Working in an environment that creates the best learning and development opportunities for you
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support you through your career journey
- Personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development and on the job practical training
- Regular opportunities to work with our Associate Partners and Partners
- Opportunities to forge the career you want!
You're unique. We're a little different too! If you're curious about what your future could be with us, we'd love to start a conversation. Yes, there will be some paper work - there always is, but don't let that put you off giving us a go!
If you want to hear from some of our people, in their own words, you can visit - www.hwca.com/our-story/working-at-haines-watts
Or take a stroll through the channels below to get a better sense of who we are, who our clients are and what we do.
Website - www.hwca.com
Twitter - www.twitter.com/haineswatts
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/company/haines-watts
You tube - www.youtube.com/@haineswatts/videos
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/3Q78CWy7O4NXu1FE9akPT5
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CV's that are submitted without instruction from Haines Watts we reserve the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of agency fees.