Finance Coordinator / Senior Finance Coordinator
- CBRE APAC
- Petaling Jaya
- MYR 4,000 - 5,5000 + medical and other benefits
- 24 Mar 2023
- 24 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Management accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Part qualified, Newly qualified, Qualified accountant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates and analyzes a variety of financial results and indicators such as capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records, financial statements, etc. requiring advanced expertise.
- Compiles budgetary and fiscal data received from assigned departments to prepare revenue balance statements and historical comparisons of departmental expenditures with requested appropriations.
- Completes complex analysis of records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Conducts special studies as assigned to support senior management. Develops presentations of findings and results.
- Advises management on matters, such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. Interprets budgets to management.
- Prepares reports analyzing specific aspects of department structures, functions and operational procedures and recommends ways to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May lead project teams and/or plan staff assignments. Duties may encompass technical guidance and/or training of co-workers as well as policy development and participation in special initiatives such as modeling, system implementations or acquisition integrations. May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance, plus a minimum of four years related experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information in written and verbal form to subordinates, customers and supervisors.
- Requires strong knowledge of financial terms, concepts and accounting principles and the ability to comprehend and interpret complex financial transactions.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and transactions and accounting principles.
- Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team.
- Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired such as HFM Consolidation, PeopleSoft Financials and Cognos Planning.
- Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is helpful.
- Strong work ethic and adaptable.