Stock Accounting Manager
- Next PLC
- London, UK
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 23 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Financial analyst
- Retail and FMCG
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Lipsy is a fresh, dynamic fashion brand that’s fast moving and constantly evolving. We love a challenge, and staying ahead of the fashion curve is what we do best.
We are the London-based fashion brand for those that reach for an inspirational lifestyle, who embrace the Lipsy mindset. We’re sophisticated with just the right amount of contemporary glamour.
We’re as passionate about our people as we are fashion. We invest in a supportive and collaborative culture, we feel good about what we do.
About the Job
Our centralised finance team is pivotal in the progression of the business. They play a big part in supporting decision making and ensuring control over the operations of the business. A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Stock Accounting Manager.
You will be…
- Responsibility to ensure accuracy and completeness of stock balances reported every month across the group of entities
- Forecast stock on a monthly basis for rest of season by working closely with individual entity FC’s as well as supply chain and merchandising teams
- To budget monthly stock balances during the budget review cycle.
- Accurately calculate stock provisions and ensure these are reflected within the accounts
- Point of contact for Group stock queries and Internal and External auditors
- Provide FC’s with insightful analysis on stock movements, provisions, cost price variances and negative units.
- Point of contact for Personalisation queries. Ensure there is no backlog on queries. Improving processes within this area.
- Concession brand stock reconciliations
- Work closely with the Next Stock finance team
- Be pivotal in channelling and testing improvements in stock processes. These could be initiatives from Next stock finance as well as initiatives within the Lipsy Group stock
- accounting processes
- Responsibility for monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Review of journals posted by Stock Analyst
- Management and development of Stock Analyst
- Finalist / Qualified Accountant
- Has had previous experience within stock in a retail/FMCG environment
- Able to work through to achieve results within tight deadlines.
- Manage tight deadlines during trading statement periods and Half year and Year end.
- Highly organised with the ability to plan ahead as well as have a flexible approach and ability to be reactive.
- Able to apply knowledge from qualification and experience especially to new tasks and analysis
What we can do for you…
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy, GAP and Victoria's Secret products & 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Hot deals and exclusive offers from over 3,500 retailers through Perks At Work
- We recognise hard work with our company performance-based bonus
- Life Assurance
- Join our Next Sharesave Scheme
- Digital GP Service for help at home
- Lesson the impact with our Annual Travel Card Loan
- Never miss a package and with Direct to Desk delivery
- Bag a bargain at our sample sales
- Hybrid & flexible working across the business to support your work-life balance
- Learn, develop and grow with our personal development plans
- Start the weekend early, finish at 4.30 pm on Fridays!
- Enjoy more time with friends and family with Early Bank Holiday finishes
- Join in the fun with our year-round office events
Diversity & Inclusion
At Lipsy Group we recognise that our differences are what make us who we are. We want people to want to work for us and be their true selves. We are dedicated to attracting and developing a talent team, and recognise that all unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to our future success.
We want to create an inclusive and inspiring environment where individuals feel valued and respected, and where people can achieve their full potential and be their very best, whoever they are.
Lipsy is a young fashion brand that’s fast moving & constantly evolving to remain ahead of the style game! Bringing fresh and innovative designs that make our customers look (and feel) amazing. From ‘jeans & a nice top’ to wear everywhere knitwear and not forgetting our show-stopping occasion and bridal dresses.
Originally founded in London in 1988 we were acquired by Next in 2008 and between us we have access to an engaged audience of over 4 million consumers globally.
About some of our Benefits
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy and Victoria's Secret products
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Hot deals and exclusive offers from over 3,500 retailers through Perks at Work
- Company performance based bonus
- Early VIP access to sale stock via Direct to Desk
- Life assurance
- Sharesave scheme
- Annual Travel Card Loan
- Sample Sales
- Fantastic L&D opportunities
- Flexi-Hour Scheme
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by sending an email to email@example.com and including 'Workplace Adjustments' in the subject line, or by calling us 02074362000 and leave a voicemail.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.