M&A - Tax Professional
- Deloitte Malta
- Malta (MT)
- 23 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Financial analyst
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
Mergers and Acquisitions – Tax Professional
Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your Journey with Us
We are currently seeking ambitious tax professionals to join the Mergers and Acquisitions team within the tax function. At Deloitte, we recognize there is no one size fits all career path, and we offer a range of possibilities to shape a unique and fulfilling journey. If you're ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, you're ready for Deloitte!
How you will Make an Impact
As a tax professional at Deloitte, you are responsible for proactively assisting clients in their day-to-day requests, reporting requirements as well as keeping abreast with tax developments, in order to help our clients excel globally.
Your main tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Be involved in mergers & acquisitions transactions involving, but not limited to, vendor / buyer tax due diligence engagements, together with transaction advisory as well as structuring engagements;
- Work on engagements involving corporate groups’ shareholding and operations restructuring, including assistance with the implementation thereof;
- Provide quality tax advice to both local and international clients;
- Keep abreast with tax developments, both locally and internationally;
- Applying technical knowledge when assisting leadership in client advisory projects as well as during the project lifecycle;
- Advise clients on local tax laws, reporting requirements as well as other taxation needs / requirements; and
- Liaise with lawyers, accountants, auditors and other service providers on behalf of corporate clients.
Let’ s Talk About You
Your Leadership skills:
- Monitors own results against objectives and seeks feedback to identify ways to enhance quality and personal/team performance
- Supports respect and inclusion by encouraging an open dialogue with colleagues and valuing individual differences and contributions
- Builds their own understanding of emerging market trends and educates others accordingly
- Projects enthusiasm, optimism and commitment to their work and the teams they are part of.
Your Professional skills:
- Develops an advanced understanding of Deloitte's client and engagement acceptance processes and policies.
- Adapts to changing priorities as they arise and seeks guidance from team leaders.
- Consult and proactively understand the needs of the client and work with them to develop relevant and valuable solutions.
- Evaluates problem(s) objectively considering facts, relevant professional standards or research, and develops a comprehensive picture of the problem
Your Specialized skills:
- be in possession of a university degree in Accountancy, or an equivalent qualification such as ACA or ACCA;
- be able to work on their own initiative and have a strong work ethic;
- be able to work on cross-functional engagements with other departments within the firm;
- have an excellent command of English;
- be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
Any previous experience in a similar role (although not a requirement) will be considered an asset.
World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit & assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax & legal, consulting and financial advisory.
We take great pride in supporting clients with multidisciplinary expertise, industry knowledge, and innovative solutions. We are firm believers in the contribution to a sustainable and prosperous society, and the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates with.
Our local Tax function comprises of approximately 120 professionals. In Tax , you will get the opportunity to provide clients with the support and advice they need to make key decisions on an international scale. We bring together a mix of commercial, industry and technical tax and regulatory knowledge, creative thinking and innovative technology, to help solve some of the most complex business issues our clients face. In this an ever-more high profile area, you’ll have the chance to understand how business, and your particular clients, really work.
As a Purpose-led organization, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles that distinguish the Deloitte culture. We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you. We tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into:
- Health Insurance cover for yourself and dependents.
- Mental health support through sponsored therapy sessions.
- Weekly get-togethers
- Hybrid working option
- Digital learning, mentoring and regular performance snapshots.
- Renowned training programme with Deloitte University.
- Ongoing in-house trainings all year round to make sure CPE requirements are met.
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now!