Senior Consultant-Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (ICFR/ICOFR)
- KPMG Lower Gulf Limited
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Competitive salary
- 23 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
- Perform risk assessments by analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that could impact the company’s operation, reporting, and compliance objectives.
- Conduct process understanding session with the client to gain knowledge of on-ground practices, policies, and procedures implemented to identify the design gaps, associated risks
- Acumen to identify business deficiencies and recommend value-adding solutions driving cost-saving opportunities.
- Prepare a risk and control matrix (RCM) and develop a flowchart.
- Develop an audit program containing detailed testing strategies to validate the design and effectiveness of controls.
- Lead client discussions/presentations for gaps identified along with root causes and provide agile solutions mitigating the risks.
- Providing awareness sessions on ADAA/COSO internal control integrated framework.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by ensuring assignments are completed within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple jobs and maximizing productivity.
- Guide junior team members on the ground for an end-to-end engagement delivery.
- Superior analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Education, qualifications and skills required:
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or a professional qualification such as CA/ACCA/CIA.
- Must come with 4-7 years relevant experience in consulting and/or industry
- Must have conducted at least 2 ICOFR / SOX / COSO internal controls implementations.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of Risk Control Matrices and Flow charts (using Visio)
- Capable of direct interaction with client and mid-level management
- Proficient in excel, PowerPoint, and Visio skills
- Willingness to work hard and go the extra mile when required
- Possess an analytical approach and inquisitive mind
- Demonstrate leadership and team mentoring skills
- Must possess flawless communication skills in English. Arabic will be a big plus.
- Oil & Gas experience in Internal Control is good to have but not mandatory
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.