Associate – QR Strats Analytics-EMEA (GMG)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA)-Maharashtra-India
- Not disclosed
- 23 Mar 2023
- 17 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. Our broad and deep client relationships, market-leading platform and intellectual insights enable us to be a world-class service provider to our clients for their financing, market access and portfolio management needs.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Equity businesses in India. It covers functions across IED ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
Morgan Stanley Electronic Trading is a global leader in equity and derivatives electronic trading. This role, based in Mumbai, requires the individual to work with Morgan Stanley Quantitative Research teams in US and Europe. The successful candidate will be a fast-learning, dynamic, pro-active and self-motivated individual who can assist the team in maintaining and analyzing referential data, as well as generating ad hoc performance and market condition reports for clients.
9:30 pm (local time). The expected working hours will be 12:30 pm (local time)
The key elements of the role are –
- Ensuring data quality of QR reference data
- Generating client trade performance reports
- Creating bespoke client post trade analysis
- Creating reports illustrating changes in market structure
- Monitoring execution data for changes in plant behavior
The basic skills required for the role are the ability to learn quickly how to navigate databases, manipulate data from these confidently in KDB and Python. Whilst specific knowledge of trading Equities, Futures and Options is not a requirement it would be an advantage.
We are looking for a confident and outgoing person, who has exceptional attention to detail and is proactive in taking initiative.
- Engineering/BMS Graduate with 1 - 3 years of experience. MBA would be advantageous.
- Excellent written & spoken English; Excellent business writing skills
- Excellent telephone skills (regular phone contact with team required)
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with Python, or very strong experience with other programming languages
- Familiarity with databases, and the ability to manipulate/analyze data confidently. KDB experience desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Team work
- Problem solving
- Exposure/knowledge of different equity and equity derivatives products is desirable
“Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.”
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.