Auditor, GM & ALMT – Associate
- BNP Paribas UK
- London, England, UK
- Attractive salary and benefits
- 23 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial analyst, Financial planning & analysis, Internal audit, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
The IG Hub UK is a geographical Hub, covering all activities in the UK and Channel Islands.
The Hub has five audit teams. These teams are split by business activity covering all activities within their area of responsibility.
The Hub’s remit is to provide audit services to the Businesses, Operations and Functions in the UK and Channel Islands in close liaison with Senior Management and Head Office entities. The main focus is to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the governance, risk management, and internal control processes. The GM & ALMT team within the IG Hub is responsible for auditing the Global Markets and ALMT teams and related activities.
This role will be accountable for participating in audit assignments, and ad-hoc projects and investigations carried out by the GM & ALMT team, and will be expected to provide support to more senior team members by effectively completing audit work in a timely manner to a high standard.The Responsibilities
- Applies analytical skills to use the BNP Paribas IG Methodologies and Tools (including Data Analytics) in order to deliver initial reports / analyses based on existing templates for review by more experienced team members. Ensures quality and reliability of findings and deliverables, and the timely performance of assignment tasks whilst having regard to the main risks arising from the audited activities.
- Ensures relevant senior team members are kept updated on the progress of work on a continuous basis, and ensures that more complex and technical issues are referred to more senior team members for resolution and advice appropriately in a timely manner to ensure that the business receives the appropriate level of professional support.
- Leads the presentation of findings and conclusions of assignments to relevant auditees.
- Supports the completion of assignments under guidance from more senior / experienced team members, notably in relation to archiving, preparing restitution slides, and inputting findings, recommendations and all other necessary information to facilitate the closure of assignments using into relevant audit tools and with the required IG methodology.
- Supports senior team members to collaborate with other IG colleagues and workstreams to ensure the smooth delivery of IG processes and service levels in accordance with the established procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for performing other audit related tasks such as annual / continuous risk assessments, or completing requests for audit recommendation closure.
- Contributes to the maintenance and development of the data analytics tools and methodologies used by GM & ALMT IG team.
- Professional qualification required with some knowledge related to:
- Capital Markets activities (Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office) – including strong knowledge in vanilla and structured financial instruments (FX, Rates, Equity, Credit), products lifecycle (Pre-Trade, Trade, Post Trade), Risk Management; and
- Asset and Liability Management and Treasury.
- Some experience in Risk or Capital Markets activities from Banks or Internal/External Audits or Consulting Firms.
- Knowledge of specific IG principles, processes, regulations and legislation appropriate for the GM and ALMT team and ability to translate knowledge and experience into recommendations to improve team operating practices.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to understand quickly the critical steps in a process, synthesise and process complex information and understand the related risks of various natures, including use of data.
- Strong personal focus on accuracy and attention to detail and able to review and improve work of more junior colleagues. Ability to lead interviews where necessary using expertise of business area and team requirements.
- Thorough and organised with an ability to prioritise and work under time-pressure.
- Good written and oral English skills in order to articulate technical issues associated to work area.
- Computer literacy and a good knowledge of standard computer software and able to learn and utilise specialist applications appropriately.
- Academic background such as a Masters level qualification in Financial Mathematics or similar subject area.
- Good knowledge of Data Analytics, C++, Python and VBA.
It is preferred that the role holder will be willing to travel from time to time to perform their duties (in particular to Paris).Equal Opportunities
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas London Branch, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 12%, private healthcare, GP service and dental cover all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance so in addition you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits such as cycle to work and green car leasing schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.