Assistant Manager, National Audit - London
- Highly competitive salary and flexible benefits
- 23 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
Crowe is a leading national audit, tax, advisory and risk firm with global reach and local expertise. We are an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the top 10 accounting networks in the world, with access to more than 40,000 people in more than 150 countries and across more than 800 offices globally.
We pride ourselves on looking after our people, whether you’re working in corporate tax, statutory audit or you’re a marketing or HR specialist - at Crowe we invest in our people to help them be the best they can be.
We understand that it is often the culture and values of a firm that are most important when looking for a new workplace, that’s why at Crowe our people-focused culture means we value new ideas and innovation, and welcome people who are committed to making a difference by delivering excellent services to our people, clients and communities.
The Assistant Manager, National Audit Support will support the activities of the National Audit Support function, with a particular emphasis on the firm's root cause analysis programme.
This position will be responsible for a range of duties, including but not limited to, conducting interviews and data collection, investigating root causes, preparing reports, as well as supporting the team generally.
The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Director, Audit Quality to deliver high quality root cause analysis reports, as well as contributing to other projects within National Audit Support.
- Conduct root cause analysis reviews in line with the firm's audit quality framework.
- Analyse data and provide detailed reports to the Director, Audit Quality, and other stakeholders as required.
- Liaise with audit teams to gather information and provide support on root cause analysis.
- Identify areas for improvement in the firm's audit processes and recommend solutions.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other departments and stakeholders.
- Provide general support to the National Audit Support team as required.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a proactive approach to identifying issues and providing solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience in conducting root cause analysis.
- Understanding of audit processes and procedures.
- Appreciation of ISQM (UK) 1 or another quality framework.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- A professional accounting qualification is desirable.
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday. The successful candidate may be required to work additional hours as necessary to meet business needs.
About National Audit Support:
National Audit Support provides high quality real-time technical support to the firm's audit teams. National Audit Support has the following core functions:
- Frontline support to audit teams, including technical reviews;
- In-flight technical support, including consultations
- Methodology development, including software automation;
- Quality and remediation, including root cause analysis;
Why choose Crowe?
Crowe is where talented people can realise their potential, are successful and enjoy what they do by making a positive difference to our clients, communities and each other.
Our vision is to be recognised as essential to the future success of our clients by helping them to answer tomorrow’s questions, and make smart decisions that have lasting value through the highest quality audit, tax, advisory and risk services.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
At Crowe, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a firm that truly values its people.
Crowe is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.
We want to create the best environment for our people to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
Closing Date: 11 April 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.