Senior Accounting Officer
- Alter Domus
- London, GB
- Customised compensation structure
- 23 Mar 2023
- 29 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Bookkeeper, Compliance/risk, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of real estate clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Acting as the main accounting liaison and point of contact for a portfolio of real estate clients;
- You will be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for and knowledgeable about the quality of the work that is carried out for your clients;
- You will review work produced for submission to senior level staff;
- You will be responsible for the technical coaching of junior staff;
- Together with the manager, you will decide and follow up on the planning of the accounting workflow process;
- Working on the setup of client structures, and implementing complex international structures as part of restructuring plans, mergers, acquisitions and asset acquisitions;
- Assisting with the preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer and Client Due Diligence Files;
- Interaction with clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and property managers both in person and via written or telephone communication;
- Liaising with PMs (Property Managers) in respect of client statements and reporting;
- Processing / reviewing of client payments on a variety of bank platforms;
- Ensuring timely and accurate book-keeping and reporting for client entities in line with agreed requirements;
- Preparing of client entities management accounts and financial statements under IFRS and FRS 102.
- Planning of annual audits and management of the audit process;
- Liaising with tax advisors in respect of ongoing tax compliance responsibilities;
- Responding to clients' requests in terms of tax planning in close collaboration with external tax advisors, if needed; and
- Be part of a team of part or fully qualified accountants and ensure all reporting deadlines are adhered too.
- You are either a fully or part qualified accountant, either ACCA or ACA;
- You have minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the fields of fund accounting, corporate services or audit;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Adaptable approach to using appropriate software (Yardi, CaseWare) and systems; and
- High Level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills.