Fund Accounting Operations Specialist, Hybrid, Senior Associate
- State Street
- Krakow, Poland/Hybrid
- Not disclosed
- 23 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
A Fund Accounting Operations Specialist will ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
This role can be performed fully remotely from home within Poland area or your can work from the Kraków or Gdańsk office in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Operations Specialist you will
- Participate as technical Subject Matter Expert in the development and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process.
- Contribute to analysis and planning of fund accounting operating model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice.
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps.
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business.
- Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to “open surgery” sessions for technical issue resolution.
- Provide technical support to fund accounting teams in relation to fund events.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Collaboration & team work
- Proactive approach
- Availability to start work between 6:00 – 11:00 am
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Level Of Education: Accountancy or Business related degree (preferred)
- Previous Level Of Experience: 2+ years’ experience in fund accounting is required
What we offer
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport Card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshops, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.