SEA Tax - Business Analyst, Digital Transformation
- Deloitte Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, MY
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 23 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Business analyst, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
Our team of about 15 team members are all passionate about Software Development and enjoy working with talented individuals in an agile manner. Our team is sponsible for developing custom software for our Tax & Legal professionals across SEA. We are also responsible for integrating our systems into global platforms as well.
Our team is focused on building platforms in a user centric way by engaging directly with business teams to build our products. We strive to build platforms that improve the capabilities of our Tax & Legal professionals so that our Tax & Legal Professionals can deliver quality services to our clients as efficiently as possible.
We believe that learning is bi-directional and hope also to learn from you along the way. Our team regularly shares code, best practice updates, and general knowledge through Azure DevOps Wikis, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom calls.
We are growing our team through Scrum, Agile, and No Estimates and expect to continue evolving our team in this direction. Typically we have worked using Waterfall strategies in the past and have moved towards Agile. Our team utilizes Azure DevOps for user stories, sprints, and product performance dashboards.
- You are a passionate about helping teams grow, agile mindset, scrums, design thinking, and no-estimates.
- You take the heart of a teacher and also are willing to learn from team members regardless of their position in the organization.
- You are open to and continuously drive new ideas using a scientific approach (hypothesis testing).
- You are familiar with INVEST stories and strive to slice stories to the most simple and testable format possible.
- You are relentless in driving Agile and excited to work with individuals that have minimal experience in working in self organized teams.
- You have opinions on the Agile Manifesto and are able to share how this can be used to benefit the organization.
- You are familiar with RTS (Running-Tested-Stories), Velocity, Backlog Grooming, Forecasting, ROI/IRR, and general sprint metrics.
- You enjoy observing teams and sharing observations for improvement with all participants.
- You want to help us achieve astonishing results that matter to the business and team members.
- You utilize several methods to tease out requirements from users such as User Interviews, Questionnaires and Observations.
- You help customers (internal & external) to build acceptance tests and fully defining “done”.
- You understand how to split stories such that you are able to cut through all layers of the application.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates / Analysts / Consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Possess a minimum Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineer, Computer Science or other relevant courses.
- 1 to 2 years of working experiences preferably in professional services firm.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Candidates will only be contacted by authorized Deloitte Recruiters via firm’s business contact number or business email address.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.