Reconciliation Analyst (Stock), Senior Associate
- State Street
- London, UK
- Not disclosed
- 23 Mar 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Business analyst, Compliance/risk
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Who we are looking for
The principal function of the Reconciliations Team is to reconcile all security transactions, positions, trade attributes across multiple systems, in line with market and regulatory standards, providing robust support to business areas based on service level agreements. As the diversity and base of the business rapidly changes in support of the international expansion, the focus of the function is on achieving results coupled with need to stay focused whilst continually recognising and adapting to changing conditions.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Reconciliations Administrator, Senior Associate you will
- Contribute and support the investment operations strategy
- Continuously examine and evaluate departmental processes and procedures to ensure client service is maintained by prioritising work input/output.
- Proactively identify process improvements, service and risks to ensure client service is robust to meet capacity and stakeholder requirements.
- Manage and direct the resolution of day-to-day operational issues and resolve anomalies to ensure high-level of customer service and accurate transactions.
- End to end understanding of team’s tasks and how they relate and impact to all processes, ensuring standard ways of working are applied consistently.
- Represent the team, department in a professional manner, understanding and anticipating the business needs, developing good working relationships with all internal and external parties.
- Continuously evaluate the system integrity to ensure its robust and trusted in order to support the departments objectives to enable an efficient operational service delivery in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of platform operation processes and system.
- Continuous review of team procedures, policies and systems. Recommend and lead the creation and automation of operational processes and procedures to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with Supervisor/team fostering credibility and influence towards developing a reputation of operational excellence across the firm.
- Work collaboratively with peers to share best practise, creating an awareness of issues throughout the department.
- Maintain robust service levels to key stakeholders.
- Produce management information to management highlighting trends, analysis and errors.
- Work closely with service providers to ensure service provision supports team’s objectives/goals.
- Maintain technical capability for job, keeping abreast of market and industry developments.
- Be accountable for sign-off of team’s controls. Continuously review controls to ensure in line with current business processes.
- Robust support and implementation of projects/initiatives.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- High volume Stock Reconciliation experience
- Working background in an investment management company
- Good prioritising skills and ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Good PC skills
- Robust technical investment knowledge/experience relevant to role.
- Strong experience of oversight and processing controls/knowledge.
- Proven experience of challenging historic working practises, suggesting process improvements
- Proven experience of dealing with and influencing peers and across teams.
- Collaborative and personalised approach to service commitment, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Self-assured networking across Front Office, Investment Operations environments.
- Evidence of effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- A proven track record of being flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Ability to understand issues, find creative and innovative solutions to problems.
- Experience of implementing projects.
- Ability to challenge debate and influence internally and externally.
- Robust communication skills both verbally and written, with an ability to successfully articulate issues clearing and logically.
- Strong analytical and written skills.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.