- Kerry Group
- Charleville, Cork, Ireland
- Not disclosed
- 23 Mar 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis, Management accountant, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Accountant to join the team in Charleville. In this role you will prepare the weekly Forward Projection (“Flash”) report, presenting regional management with a real-time assessment of current month business performance. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant and come from a Manufacturing environment.
Kerry operates a Hybrid Working Policy, 2 days working onsite each week is required.
What will I be doing?
- Complete General Ledger - Journal posting, Balance Sheet Reconciliations & Accounts review and finalisation
- Business Performance Reporting and Analysis- Operational performance review of statistical reporting especially around overhead spend
- Management and control of Capex Process including Governance, Set Up, Tracking and Monthly Reporting of all Capital Projects and annual Fixed Asset Verifications to meet audit requirements
- Preparation and completion of data required for submissions to central support teams e.g., Yearly R&D tax relief claim
- Budgeting and forecasting - Providing support around Sku prime costs, overheads, factory yields & labour
- Year End Audit & Statutory Accounts – Responding to audit requests and communicating with auditors when required, assisting central financial in the preparation of the year end Statutory accounts.
What do I need to be successful?
In Kerry we understand that people have very different career trajectories and experiences. In order to be successful in this role we would be looking for the right competencies and aptitudes as well as your proven track record of success in a similar role and environment.
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience working within a Manufacturing environment
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Experience of preparing and providing management accounts & financial accounts
- Competent in all Microsoft packages especially Excel
- Great team player
- Ability to work with a number of different teams within the organisation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
Kerry Group’s UK & Ireland dairy related business includes Dairy Ingredients, Dairy Nutritional Ingredients, Dairy Consumer Foods, and Agribusiness. With a revenue in excess of €1bn per year, it is one of the world’s leading dairy businesses. With our strong dairy heritage and deep-rooted connection to our 3,000 milk suppliers, right through to our portfolio of innovative and high-quality brands, the dairy business has a unique and compelling proposition for both consumers and our customers.
Our dairy business has a diversified portfolio of dairy, nutritional ingredients and market leading dairy brands and its vertically integrated dairy processing ensures the highest quality, sustainably produced 1.2bn litres of milk for our dairy, nutritional ingredients, and consumer foods business – a key consideration among some of our largest customers across the globe.
We have an unrivalled dairy consumer brands portfolio coupled with a track record in innovation underpinned by technology and science. We manufacture and market our own leading butter, dairy, and plant spreads brands: Dairygold, Low Low, Pure and Golden Cow. We are the largest supplier of Private Label dairy spreads, supplying all major retailers in Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. Our cheese brands compete in children’s cheese snacks (Attack-a-Snak), natural cheese (block, slices and grated), and in processed cheese segments and our leading cheese brands include Strings & Things, Coleraine, and Charleville Cheese. Through our multi-geographical presence (UK, Ireland, and Western Europe) we have a deep consumer insight which is a key component of the business.
Get in touch today!
In Kerry we benefit from the knowledge of our colleagues who bring a diverse range of cultures, backgrounds, lifestyles, and experiences. One team fostering an inclusive culture that, above all, inspires food and nourishes life. One culture where everyone brings their unique perspectives and experiences to help make us better, together. We are committed to nurturing an environment of positivity and inclusiveness, where everyone can be at their best, both personally and professionally.
Our recruitment, selection and assessment process are based on the skills and competencies of the specific roles and based entirely on merit. We are committed to and value Diversity and Inclusion in all recruitment processes within Kerry and do not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, political beliefs, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.