Intern - Assurance, Forensic Technology & Discovery Services (Cyber) (3-6 months)
- Not disclosed
- 23 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Audit, Compliance/risk, Forensic accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Internship
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunities: your next adventure awaits
EY Forensic & Integrity Services practice help organizations protect and restore enterprise and financial reputation. Our professionals assist companies and their legal counsel to investigate facts, resolve disputes and manage regulatory challenges. We put integrity at the heart of compliance programs to help better manage ethical and reputational risks. We understand how organizations navigate complex environments; how pressures, attitudes and culture influence employee actions; and how to leverage data analytics to improve compliance and investigation outcomes. We are committed to making integrity the cornerstone of a better working world. Our team is multi-disciplinary which includes amongst others, certified accountants, forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, data scientists, data analytics professionals, anti-corruption professionals, certified expert witnesses, compliance professionals, money laundering and sanctions investigators, etc.
Join our team and be part of the team that helps clients achieve their Integrity agenda. You’ll will also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored counselling.
As cyber-crime continues to threaten businesses large and small, hackers are improving their tactics, techniques and procedures faster than corporate security teams can keep up. Increasingly organized and collaborative, their methods grow more sophisticated each year. Our clients continually look to EY for our knowledge and resources to assist with their cyber risks or events. Working with companies across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative solutions for the client’s specific needs. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are looking for a Cyber and Incident Response / Forensic Technology incumbent to be part of our globally connected and culturally aligned Forensic & Integrity team.
Your key responsibilities
- Conducting post-incident investigations such as network forensics, memory forensic, log analysis, timelining of event etc.
- Performing host-based digital forensics on Microsoft Windows, Linux and/or Mac based systems using both Windows and Linux based forensic tools
- Communicating technical events and analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Using technology to distribute your knowledge of leading-practice and enhance service delivery
- Managing multiple tasks and projects and prioritize
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Skeptical yet practical mindset to assess situations and reach conclusions objectively. Natural curiosity and ability to ask better questions
- Self-awareness, respect for differences in individual style and background of your team members.
- Teaming and displaying strong interpersonal skills. Someone who is eager to learn, contribute and collaborate to support the achievement of a shared vision
- Strong time and organization skills, ability to adapt quickly to changing environments, determination and tenacity to see the matter you are working on to its conclusion
- Proactiveness in sharing new ideas to support achievement of shared vision.
- Strong communication skills and command over spoken and written English. Knowledge of another Asian language is valued, but not a requirement
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Current undergraduates in computer science, information systems, engineering, or a related discipline and/or have a professional certification, e.g., OSCP, GCFA, GREM and/or GCIH
- Understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs; including routing, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection/prevention systems, encryption, load balancing, and other network protocols
- Experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Ideally you will also have:
- Experience with evidence seizure and conducting intelligence analysis
- Ability to automate tasks using scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the complete set of the following documents together with your online application:
- Full detailed resume (Please indicate your window of availability for internship and if this would count toward school’s endorsed internship programme)
- Latest university transcript
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.