Tax, Associate - Accounting Compliance Reporting (2021 Graduates)
- Not disclosed
- 23 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Compliance/risk, Financial analyst, Tax, Trainee accountant
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Entry level, Graduate scheme
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
In one country or many, you have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend your time supporting client engagements by coordinating with clients and internal team members, managing deadlines, and tracking engagement economics. You’ll also be tasked with identifying and resolving technical issues, as well as sharing insights that will improve our processes and overall efficiency.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ensuring integrity of financial statements for both US and Local GAAPs accounting and reporting
- Performing analysis of legal entity results; preparing general ledger (G/L) account reconciliations and legal entity administration
- Maintaining accounting records under both US and local GAAPs and preparing financial statements based on country requirements
- Maintaining effective procedures of risk identification. Ensure appropriate risk mitigation and remediation of control gaps.
- Supporting engagement with Internal Control & Compliance team to educate the country team on compliance matters and ensure a culture of compliance.
- Ensuring adherence to accounting policies and schedules
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- A degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting
- Familiarity with US and international accounting standards
- Good verbal / written communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Coordination and prioritisation, resourceful
- Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent team player
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
What you can expect
- Candidates may expect a phone screening
Please note that for your application to be considered, you are required to upload the following documents together with your online application:
- Detailed Resume
- Copy of Highest Academic Certification and Transcripts
To learn more about our service offerings, visit What you can do here or subscribe to EY Global YouTube Channel. To learn more about careers in EYSG, please visit Careers at EY or like us on Facebook EY Careers Singapore.EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.