Internal Accounting Senior Officer
- Alter Domus
- Luxembourg, LU
- Customised compensation structure
- 23 Mar 2023
- 12 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Audit, Financial planning & analysis, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
As a local accountant, responsible for the accounting matters in relation to a number of Alter Domus LU entities. The candidate will report directly to the Finance Manager and have the following responsibilities:
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involvement in the day-to-day and month end record keeping and financial transactions of the organization (incl. but not limited to supplier payments, bank creditor & debtor reconciliations; bookings of accruals);
- Preparation and analysis of monthly management reporting in accordance with Group instructions and deadlines;
- Investigating variances against budgets and providing variance analysis;
- Preparing and supporting monthly financial reports covering balance sheet, profit and loss and other ad hoc reporting;
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and annual tax returns;
- Involvement in the annual audit process and preparation of the annual financial statements;
- Handling the year end audit and preparation of the year end statutory accounts;
- Collaborate with external parties as may be required;
- Assist the business to achieve commercial objectives, including the ability to act as an adviser on financial matters;
- Ad hoc reporting and other accounting tasks as required, especially around regulated entities (CSSF, reporting to conducting officers, ...)
- You hold a bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting & Finance or Economics.
- You show interest in the Financial Sector;.
- You are fluent in English (Knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset).
- You have very good knowledge of MS Office.
- You are organized, flexible and able to manage several tasks.
- You are dynamic and have excellent communication skills.
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate.