SEA Tax - Tax Associate, Business Tax Compliance
- Deloitte Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, MY
- Competitive salary + great benefits
- 23 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Compliance/risk, Tax
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
Deloitte's Tax Services help companies and individuals manage their tax costs and obligations effectively, especially in the area of cross-border tax matters. Leveraging on Deloitte's global resources and reach, our Tax professionals keep clients abreast of developments that have tax implications and advise them in structuring investments, merger and acquisitions, transfer pricing, tax planning and compliance.
For its Business Tax Compliance service line, Deloitte Tax Services is keen on recruiting candidates who are willing to fit into the roles outlined below and have the requisite qualification and acumen to assume responsibilities attached to the job.
- Perform compliance tax services for clients engagements in varied industries
- Utilize tax software to prepare and process returns
- Conduct compliance and reporting, tax management, risk and control assessment
- Research and consult on various tax matters
- Contact clients and officers from Inland Revenue Board, Ministry of Finance and other government agencies
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Preparing information request list based on audited financial statements for purposes of the preparing the corporate income tax return and income tax computation.
- Preparing the corporate income tax return (Form C or Form C-S, as applicable) for submission to the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore ("IRAS") subject to the review and approval by client.
- Preparing the income tax computation for submission to the IRAS subject to the review and approval by the client.
- Prepare the Form for Reporting Related Party Transactions (based on the information provided by the company) for submission to the IRAS subject to the review and approval by client.
- Attending to queries raised by the IRAS on the client's income tax computations (where applicable).
- Verifying and advising on the IRAS’ tax computations (where applicable).
- Verifying and advising on Notices of Assessment issued by the IRAS (where applicable).
- Lodging and substantiating objections to the IRAS’ assessments, if necessary.
- Assist in performing annual client and engagement acceptance checks (typically in January of each year) as part of the annual continuance process.
- Preparing and drafting invoices based on the agreed fees with the client for tax compliance services.
- Updating MyInsight/ Intela for the corporate tax returns filed.
- Assist in preparing GCR proposals for corporate tax compliance services.
- Possess minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in related disciplines such as Accounting & Finance/Economics or equivalent.
- Strong proficiency in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Teamwork – strong ability to work with others and share responsibilities.
- Solid ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Has an analytical mind and meticulous.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.