Treasury and Budgeting Sr. Consultant
- Northern Trust
- Chicago, Illinois, United States; Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- 23 Mar 2023
- 23 Apr 2023
- Job role
- Fund accountant, Treasury
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world’s most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Global Fund Services:
Global Fund Services (GFS) is a full-service provider of fund solutions to investment manager and fund company clients around the world. North America GFS Operations provides Fund Accounting and Administration, Custody Servicing, Investment Outsourcing Operations, Transfer Agency, and Investor Servicing. Our expert team of 900 partners across North America are solutions-oriented, innovative, and passionate about servicing clients and helping them execute their business strategies. We commit ourselves to ensuring our partners reach their full potential.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for processing and handling transactions for the Treasury & Budgeting group (T&B).
- Prepare, review and deliver schedule monthly, quarterly and annual Fund expenses.
- Update, prepare and revise any fee based expense accruals to the Fund Accounting system.
- Properly track, allocate and post expenses in the Fund Accounting records.
- Set up and post expenses in Web Cash Movement (WCM).
- Prepare expense reports for Semi-Annual, Annual and Prospectus reporting.
- Continuously provide insight on process improvement by strengthening controls and procedures.
- Prepare, review and deliver scheduled monthly, quarterly and annual Fund Performance reports.
- Respond to unique, one-time Fund Performance requests from clients and other departments.
- Prepare, review and deliver monthly SEC Yield reports.
- Research and input Fund index and benchmark information
- Maintain Confluence Performance System to ensure timely and accurate NAV dissemination.
- Provide and review all Fund performance information for Annual and Semi Annual reports, Prospectus and SAI’s.
- Provide assistance on on-boarding initiatives.
General Role Guidelines/Expectations:
- Ensures that the team/divisions goals for accuracy and timeliness are maintained.
- Escalates relevant and critical issues to management and all required partner areas in a timely manner.
- Reviews and maintains all roles and deadlines for assigned relationships.
- Follows core procedures, checklists and client specific procedures on a daily and monthly basis.
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or senior management
- Able to serve as a subject matter expert and mentor more junior level employees
- May supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in fund/investment accounting.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Alteryx Experience a plus.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.