Senior Associate - FXEM COO Support (Fixed Income Division)
- Morgan Stanley
- Mumbai (MSA)-Maharashtra-India
- Not disclosed
- 23 Mar 2023
- 27 Mar 2023
- Approved employers
- Approved employer
- Job role
- Accountant, Business analyst, Compliance/risk, Credit control
- Contract type
- Full time
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
[FXEM COO Support]
Division: Fixed Income Division
Job Title: FXEM COO Support
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
The Fixed Income Division (FID) is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution.
Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
FXEM Global and NY Macro COO team is looking for an Associate level candidate to join its COO team. The COO team is responsible for business management and strategy for the Global FXEM & Rates organization reporting into the heads of Sales & Trading.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving business strategy and growth
- Supporting the Sales and Trading desks
- Liaising with Finance, Operations, Legal, Technology, Risk (Credit & Market) to ensure delivery of key business objectives and projects are delivered according to expectations
- Managing business and operational risks
- Optimizing business performance and planning (P&L, Capital, Expenses, etc.)
- Working closely with BU Risk Management on Non-Market Risk initiatives and daily management
Additional responsibilities would include:
- Identify areas of business and operational inefficiency and proactively implement improvements
- Supporting the team by helping to manage several projects at once across multiple asset classes: keeping the team on track with deliverables
- Socializing and educating internal groups as the business grows
- Working closely with L&C on regulatory initiatives
- Automating processes and analysis for the business.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Highly team oriented, commercially driven, and overall eagerness to learn
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to efficiently multitask and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency, and to turn in quality work quickly under strict time constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to build and maintain internal and external relationships, coupled with presentation ability
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate leadership capabilities
- Strong quantitative skills, ability to think analytically
- Ownership of all tasks, following up on outstanding items independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
- Candidate should be happy to work during 3:00-1:00 AM IST as team supports America’s region
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.